• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2.0 BIOS - People's choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No it's HyperX. The default timing are 2.5-3-3-8 and it's DDR 400. No idea what chips it are. I'm using 22 version bios by Tictac, dunno anymore which version, but I remember people were getting good results with it. I think I'm gonna try how it does with 1 stick.

I gotta say as far as bios settings go, I tried everything.

*EDIT* I just tried with only 1 stick in slot #2, didnt change anything. I'm now gonna remove the heat spreaders from the ram cuz I wanna know what's underneath it.

*EDIT*#2 I just got the heatspreader off. It's Winbond CH-5. Pretty crappy for how much I paid for them. How far does CH-5 go usually? Anyway, it's not getting over 200mhz, do u guys think it's the RAM or the mobo? My CPU can run at 2600mhz (highest I tried) by just setting a higher multiplier, and it will be 100% stable. This really sucks, I need help on which bios to use cuz that's what I'm gonna try next. So it's about 2 x 512MB CH5 PC3200 2.5-3-3-8 by SPD. And I have a RAID 0 array going, will I lose everything on it when flashing to another bios?

Last edited:
Panzerknacker said:
No it's HyperX. The default timing are 2.5-3-3-8 and it's DDR 400. No idea what chips it are. I'm using 22 version bios by Tictac, dunno anymore which version, but I remember people were getting good results with it. I think I'm gonna try how it does with 1 stick.

I gotta say as far as bios settings go, I tried everything.

*EDIT* I just tried with only 1 stick in slot #2, didnt change anything. I'm now gonna remove the heat spreaders from the ram cuz I wanna know what's underneath it.

*EDIT*#2 I just got the heatspreader off. It's Winbond CH-5. Pretty crappy for how much I paid for them. How far does CH-5 go usually? Anyway, it's not getting over 200mhz, do u guys think it's the RAM or the mobo? My CPU can run at 2600mhz (highest I tried) by just setting a higher multiplier, and it will be 100% stable. This really sucks, I need help on which bios to use cuz that's what I'm gonna try next. So it's about 2 x 512MB CH5 PC3200 2.5-3-3-8 by SPD. And I have a RAID 0 array going, will I lose everything on it when flashing to another bios?

It has to be your motherboard or something else then. I don't know of any CH-5 that can't do more than 202 MHz or CAS 2.5, especially HyperX. Something is wacky here. Which NF7-S do you have? If it's 2.0, then there's no way your FSB should be that low.

sorry guyz off topic I just want to know how to install those bios not the same process has official bios right?

1) download new bios and save onto desktop
2)click on: start - programs - abit - flashmenu - flashmenu
3)click on: update from file - find bin file on your desktop - save bios
4) then do #3 again
5) reboot into bios and go to optimal settings and save
6) go into windows
7) reboot again into bios and adjust:
-multi
-vcore
-fsb
-ram timings
8) save and boot the rest of the way into windows
9) test...test.....test.....test.....

you've now got an updated bios

douglasb said:
It has to be your motherboard or something else then. I don't know of any CH-5 that can't do more than 202 MHz or CAS 2.5, especially HyperX. Something is wacky here. Which NF7-S do you have? If it's 2.0, then there's no way your FSB should be that low.

It's the NF7-S V2.0 indeed. I know there exist some crappy version though that don't OC at all. I gotta say I always thought it was the mobo. If I get a new one from let's say Newegg, would get a good version that will OC good?

i would suspect the ram first. although it is ch-5 the nf7 has had problems running hyperx ram and a lot of nforce2 mbs dont like cas3. try 2.5-4-4-11 or if u can test the ram on another motherboard. also do a search in these forums and here for a bios that works well with hyperx mem.

I have thinking of going away from the ABIT's BIOS, but been too chicken to do it. I have done the L12 MOD and that gave me an instant 20mhz increase. I am giong ot keep my eye on this thread to help me decide which BIOS to try! Thanks for the usefull info everyone. :)

Back