• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV30 - "30% faster than 9700" 45Gigs/second!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stumpjumper5200

NV30 - "30% faster than 9700" 48Gigs/second!

Yeah, I guess the 128-bit memory might not be as slow as we thought......

Hey nVidia, let's see one in action already......at least a photo of one! VIDEO CARDS ARE MADE OUT OF SILICON, NOT PRESS RELEASES. :D Just had to get that out of my system :)

Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6260

Edit: I meant to say 48Gigs/second

Wow, a reply that fast :)

Yeah, but here's the problem:

Ok, it'll beat a 9700. There's no questions. It would be suicide to hype a card up this much and have it get shot down.

BUT, people that have a 9700 probably won't get an NV30 (I'm tempted......). Here's the reasoning: Why buy another new card when yours is still high-end and doom 3 is still so far off.

My point: By the time doom 3 is out, there will most likely be a newer card (either ATI, nVidia, or both) out that'll kill the NV30.
So when that day comes (can't wait), go to the store, grab the game and a new video card, and rip it up.

by the time doom 3 is out teh card will be affordable, but at the same time there are other little talked about games coming out that will take advantage of the nv30s speed.

The article says NV30 will be available in limited quantities, does this mean I can get one for $400 in Xmas?

csu, who is that gal on your avatar? cute :p

anyway, back to NV 3.0. I am very doubtful that we can buy NV3.0 for XMas. Many other sites and even nvidia's own financial press release is indicating that Jan 2003 we might be able to see NV 3.0 I guess the price should be around US$ 400 or more.

"Limited" is an nVidia code word for "We gotta push it back another 3 months" or "only if you know somebody and have an extra 4 grand laying around"

Oh, and when they "announce" their product, that means they confirm its existance and show you a sample, but you can't buy it for another 2 months :D

Way to go nVidia.........you'll finally beat the 9700..........after 6 months of waiting

stupmjump...... dun reply!!!!

I wanna CSU reply.... anyway... that is not important.....

I think I will stick to nVidia due to brand loyalty.... I like the way nVidia update their drivers... for ATI cards... my past experience with their support on updating the drivers wasn't as good as nVidia. But it is only my two cents and I might be wrong now because I have not yet use an ATI card for 3 yrs.

Also watch too much south park... makes me think that canadian are @!%!@#$@@$#&#$ <joke only>

a1[1].jpg
<--->
jenny.jpg

they look alike to me

Last edited:
EluSiOn said:
csu, who is that gal on your avatar? cute :p

some "forum celebrity" :D

anyway, back to NV 3.0. I am very doubtful that we can buy NV3.0 for XMas. Many other sites and even nvidia's own financial press release is indicating that Jan 2003 we might be able to see NV 3.0 I guess the price should be around US$ 400 or more.

I hope I could get one around Dec 15. I don't want to spend hours on getting a game to work with Radeon 9700 pro.

they look alike to me

OMG how can you say that, they look totally different!

Back