• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 40.41 gf3 and CS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProPatria

Registered
Hey,

I have a bit problem to run Counter-Strike with a GF3 card useing Nvidia 40.41 drivers. The sky in Counter-Strike "melts" together with the walls and buildings and it looks real weird. 3dmark and some other games works fine tho. I run Windows Xp, does anyone els have this problem or know if there is a fix or anything to Counter-Strike ?

Thanx.

there are a couple threads explaining the overall crappiness of the 40.41 drivers, try some older ones

nvidia 40 driver problem

hello all this is my first post :p
same here when i place the 40 driver i notice some somrthing on Cs. which is when i throw a smoke bomb i see a white color instead of the gray smoke !! any idea why i try to go back to 30 even to 29 same problem.

post back pls

yeah i notice it works better in OpenGL but how do i get it to run over 60HZ in opengl ?

I got the same thing, wc3, bw, 3dmark all work fine but only cs doesnt work with the new nvidia driver. I had to uninstall the 40.41 and then install the old driver. Im guessing that why the 40.41 is still beta :(

some how there gaining the pionts by redusing qualitly even games that do work dont look as good.

same here when i place the 40 driver i notice some somrthing on Cs. which is when i throw a smoke bomb i see a white color instead of the gray smoke !! any idea why i try to go back to 30 even to 29 same problem.

go into your config and change make sure your setting is right for the smoke bombs it should be

fastsprites "0"

If its set to any number between 1 and 3 you'll see nothing but white layers instead of smoke.

Last edited:
Back