• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG NZXT H440 "Chaos"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lkrose78

NZXT H440 "Chaos II"

It's been a long time since I had a steel case, been working with Lian Li for as long as I can remember!

Initially, the overall build is really nice with no sharp edges that I've found so far. The paint is very smooth and looks great (white case).

Layout for cable management is better then I originally thought, but the case is also smaller then I originally thought...pictures add 10 inches!

The new Fans are nice to look at, but they also feel like typical $8 fans...nothing special. Unless they are uber quiet, they will be gone tonight! I hope to get them tested tonight as I start laying out my final plan of attack.

Packing was perfect, no scratches or dents, but around the case you can find a mixture of white rivets and black rivets...strange. I'll fix that later.

It was also nice to find out that the entire front cage assembly can be removed! This would really open up the front of the case for a large rad and make life easier to plumb.

That's all I have for now, but I can't remember the last time I was excited about a case!!!

edit: I've also changed the name of this build as it has gone through so many changes, it has become "chaos" for me! The following is a detailed list of the components I've used to date:

Chaos II Infrastructure:
NZXT H440
Gigabyte Sniper G1 x87
ASRock x97 Extreme 4
Gigabyte G1 Sniper z97
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB
Intel i5-4760k
Intel i7-4790k
EVGA GTX 760 x2
Seasonic X-850 PSU
SanDisk Extreme II 240Gb (OS)
SanDisk Extreme II 480Gb (Data)

Thermal Management:
Alphacool NexXoS ST-30 360mm Rad
Alphacool NexXoS XT-45 360mm Rad
Alphacool NexXoS GTX-760 Full Block x2
XSPC Intel RayStorm CPU Block
Swiftech MCP-35x Pump
Swiftech MCP-35x Heat Sink
NB-eLoop BP-3 x6
NB-eLoop BP-2 x1
BitsPower Z-Multi 250
BitsPower Compression Fittings 3/8 x 5/8

Attire:
Lutro0 Custom Sleeving (Green, White & Black)

Mods:
Partial Cage Removal
Modified Window Treatment
Top and Front Air Screens
Top and Front Air Screens (Maybe)
White Carbon Fiber Skin (Maybe)

Last edited:

I did see some questions regarding the plastic around the top and front, and how hard it would be to remove for a color scheme...the answer is easy! some screws and metal tabs!

rkrm.jpg

The front cage can be removed by a dozen rivets also!

d2ni.jpg

c1lq.jpg

And the nameplate can also be easily removed for some modding action!

luhfv.jpg

kmcz.jpg

Last edited:
Your build inside of it maybe...

I mean I can see "hundreds of pics on the net" of an empty case...:bang head :screwy:

So this was a summary of the perks of the case... no build yet. Got it.

Looking forward to seeing a build in it!

So this was a summary of the perks of the case... no build yet. Got it.

Looking forward to seeing a build in it!

Kinda...being a new case and all, I just wanted to try post some info on the areas of the case that I found important.

Welcome to the forums!!! Looks like a pretty solid case; I look forward to see it filled out! Is the build in your sig going to fill this case?

Welcome to the forums!!! Looks like a pretty solid case; I look forward to see it filled out! Is the build in your sig going to fill this case?

Yep...one of these days. I'm too old to do anything in a hurry anymore! Trying to find my ruler so I can get some clearance measurements on the rad locations and space for venting.

I'm currently burning in the system in my test case...

k1v8.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that the fan port will support 10 fans with a total power limit of 30 watts.

de6l.jpg

No info on the LED Hub...

7kt4.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they'd make an H630 like this (with the PSU cover, side window and drivebay-less design) Regardless I love this case, if i dont win the HAF 932 I bid on I'll probably get the H440

I wish they'd make an H630 like this (with the PSU cover, side window and drivebay-less design) Regardless I love this case, if i dont win the HAF 932 I bid on I'll probably get the H440

I could run it as is right out of the box...

I could run it as is right out of the box...

Not sure what you thought I meant.. I just wish their was more room in the H440 to accommodate my future plans, and their isnt enough space between the PSU cover, and where the pci-e slots reside... Truly modular HDD bays would have been nice to.. I really am in love with the H440 though, unfortunately I won the CM HAF 932 Advanced for $70 shipped

Might try to mock up a PSU cover similar to the H440 though, maybe use the lowest expansion slot to retain it for the time being...

Not sure what you thought I meant.. I just wish their was more room in the H440 to accommodate my future plans, and their isnt enough space between the PSU cover, and where the pci-e slots reside... Truly modular HDD bays would have been nice to.. I really am in love with the H440 though, unfortunately I won the CM HAF 932 Advanced for $70 shipped

Might try to mock up a PSU cover similar to the H440 though, maybe use the lowest expansion slot to retain it for the time being...

I don't know what I was thinking either...

Starting to do final mock-up for clearance with the rads before paint. I tried dual 45mm rads but this was a total no-go, So I'll be going with the XT-45 in Push-Pull up front and the ST-30 in Push on top.

93ta.jpg

and

2br3.jpg

I have also tried to add a semi brushed aluminum look to the bezel

rzis.jpg

Now I have to finish the wiring and led changes to match my scheme...but my work desk is really starting to clutter up...

t5s7.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've had some time to design and now it's time to dissemble, mod, prep and paint! I'm still on the edge of a two-tone interior with black and white carbon fiber or powder coating in Satin Black and gloss white accents to include green illumination....decisions, decisions, decisions.....

vd9r.jpg

Waiting on some quotes for Satin Black Powder Coating...hope it's not too much! Both of the Alphacools should be here this week, along with the Carbon Fiber wrap, tubing and more fans plus my external dvd-burner.

I'm really going to need to sell some of my shop stuff to pay for all this...sheesh, it's getting out of hand!

Almost finished with the bezel, but I'm going to dim the led's down a little more. I want a glow not illumination...As you can see, I'm still not set on the tubing color, Clear, White, Black or Green...

wn7y.jpg

Started working with the 3-M Carbon Wrap...just practice pieces for now. I'm also getting ready to test out all my assorted fans on the new rads. Hoping the NB e-loops perform, but I'm also testing out the new NZXT v2 fans in push and also in push-pull as they were pretty quiet when I first spun them up.

kqkn.jpg

Looks nice, I still want someone to do a hot pink interior.

I was pushing the Junkinator for that, but he thought otherwise he he.

Looks nice, I still want someone to do a hot pink interior.

I was pushing the Junkinator for that, but he thought otherwise he he.

Maybe for a girls sled, but it's not gonna happen here! Would be a cool to have hot/neon pink with red accents...

Back