• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nzxt Tempest water cooling questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5000+BEOC'er

Hey, this will be my first post on the forums and I must say this site is amazing!

I have been looking into building a water cooling setup that will fit snug in my case with no components of the setup outside of the case. I've read that the case that I am running, can support a Dual 120 mm radiator in the top of the case right under the two 140 mm fans. My first thought was how will I fill the radiator and bleed the system because the radiator is mounted horizontally rather than vertically? (the swifttech radiator has the radiator cap on the top edge http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5108105&cm_re=swiftech-_-35-108-105-_-Product). Upon further investigation I found this Swiftech radiator http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5108086&cm_re=swiftech-_-35-108-086-_-Product which doesn't have a radiator cap so this would seem to work for my application. But, how would I bleed and fill the system?

Any thoughts on a different radiator please let me know.

Thanks for the input in advance.

you would fill and bleed with either a t-line or reservoir. follow hokie's link and your good to go.

Thanks for the fast reply hokiealumnus :). Ya I've never actually built a water cooling setup but have been doing some research on the topic since I wanna do it right the first time. That link seems like its very informative, if I have any other questions after reading the guide I will refer back here.

Thanks again

So if people typically get it right the third time around, what kind of issues do they run into that makes them have to rework or rebuild the system?

Thanks

You know, the usual problems: Leaks, forgetting to double/triple check clamps, not tightening the fittings/barbs, that sort of thing.

But I'm sure you won't run into any issues as you'll have read through the water cooling stickies and have taken every precautionary measure to insure you did it right the first time..right? ;)

Btw Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Ya I am most defiantly the kind of person who would check clamps and tubes a few times. I also have a 1989 s10 blazer with 400 hp 350ci v8 dropped in :). I am very methodical with my hobbies :)

Back