• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled GPU Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3|ink

Registered
This is kind of a continuation of another thread but I thought the question was sufficiently distinct to warrant a separate thread.

I'm considering buying the GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Xtreme Waterforce 8G . I already have a radiator in my case for my CPU. I can easily fit the radiator in for this card as well, but at the expense of at least one case fan, leaving me with just 2 fans in the case. Is that something that people advise against? I've been researching this and have come up with nothing.

My bigger hesitation is that one reviewer says there's a memory temperature problem. Kind of worries me.

What case do you have, and what are the other fans in the system (with orientation)? If you set up the GPU rad so it exhausts out of the case I doubt you'll see much of a difference, but if you're planning on replacing intake fans with it, you'll just be pumping heat from the card back into the case.

Back