• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC i7 6700K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are temps in AIDA64 Stress test?

Oh boi, checked all the tests, the highest spike was 98C... But it was mostly around 92

All In One, any water-cooling that is "plug and play" so to speak, not custom.

Have you re-tested with Aida64 and/or Prime95 26.6 ?

Yep, replied to the other guy :)

**** now prime95 spikes up to 100C!!!!

What in the god damn is this ****

Do you happen to have another cooler handy you can put on?

Confirm these temperatures you see happen in a different program... try Realtmemp.

In your TIM application picture, it looked like you used a lot of paste. Trying giving it a bit less and remount. Everything is tight, on the pump, yes?

Oh boi, checked all the tests, the highest spike was 98C... But it was mostly around 92

Yep, replied to the other guy :)

**** now prime95 spikes up to 100C!!!!

What in the god damn is this ****
Does your one pump hose feel warm at 90c+, what prime95 version were you getting 90c?

With my i5 6600k clocked to 4.2GHz v1.224-1.260 with a Hyper 212 my temperature runs 61c spikes 69c with prime95 28.9

I'm just curious What Asus motherboard do you have?

Last edited:
Yeah what motherboard do you have? You may be able to change some settings and lower your V-Core. I have an ASUS deluxe pro, i7-6700k @4.6GHz, and an h100i cooler. I dont go above 70C while stress testing and stay under 60C while gaming.

Boi, alot of questions here :p

Uhm, regarding the paste, it looks more on the pic due to the flash than it really is, comparing it to a YT guide, its just slightly more, it cant possible make those temp differences?

I used to have Pure Rock, before the OC times more or less, its SUCH a hassle to replace the water system with regular again, so I am afraid that will be for now, unless I get unemployed and get alot of spare time :p

90C seems to be the max when doing Prime 95 26,6 version, the big test (whilst looking in the Realtemp)

Yes one of my hoses from the CPU is feeling slightly warmer than the other

I have ASUS Z170-A (LGA1151)

Boi, alot of questions here :p

Uhm, regarding the paste, it looks more on the pic due to the flash than it really is, comparing it to a YT guide, its just slightly more, it cant possible make those temp differences?

I used to have Pure Rock, before the OC times more or less, its SUCH a hassle to replace the water system with regular again, so I am afraid that will be for now, unless I get unemployed and get alot of spare time :p

90C seems to be the max when doing Prime 95 26,6 version, the big test (whilst looking in the Realtemp)

Yes one of my hoses from the CPU is feeling slightly warmer than the other

I have ASUS Z170-A (LGA1151)

It sounds like your pump is working ok for your. For your vcore voltage at 4.2GHz should be around 1.26v, show a screen shot of your Vcore voltage with CPU-Z so we can see how high it is.

Host pictures here at the site please. Those will be invalid, and some cant see them anyway. ;)

Are you sure you need that much voltage for 4.5ghz??? We generally say not to go over 1.42V for 24/7 and you are already there. Id try 4.2 and 1.2V and see if that works...

Are yoy adjusting vomtage manually as you should? Auto tends to over volt man!

Host pictures here at the site please. Those will be invalid, and some cant see them anyway. ;)

Are you sure you need that much voltage for 4.5ghz??? We generally say not to go over 1.42V for 24/7 and you are already there. Id try 4.2 and 1.2V and see if that works...

Are yoy adjusting vomtage manually as you should? Auto tends to over volt man!

4.2Ghz and 1.2V you mean?

If it do work, I will be ****ing furious over how little I gain on a stable overclock with that kind of expensive cooling+the CPU overall

Vomtage? I adjust everything through BIOS right now, it has some stuff set to TPU II , and the Turbo thing is on

But, the Core voltage is set to 1.380 in BIOS, I guess its the LLC that makes it even higher? I have it on Level 7

I said 4.2ghz and 1.2V... :)

Voltage. That was clearly a typo. ;)

Yeah, your LLC is high.. its RAISING the voltage under load. Ideally, you want you load voltage to match what you set in the bios.

What are your settings, a GHz, temperature.

As of 5/3/16, the top 59% of tested 6700Ks were able to hit 4.7GHz or greater.

Passed the ROG RealBench stress test for one hour with these settings:
•47x CPU Multiplier
•1.408V CPU VCORE (Or less)

Test equipment:
•Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
•Memory: 8GB 2133MHz 15-15-15-35
•Cooler: Corsair H105 AIO
•Thermal Paste: Arctic MX-4
•Ambient temperature: 22°C

Depending upon your setup, frequencies achieved can be ±100MHz.

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/lga-1151/products/6700k47g

•47x CPU Multiplier

Test equipment:

Would like to know what sort of temps they hit with that AIO...

Set the memory to 2133, turn off all power saving settings, set the Vcore to 1.33V (make sure its not offset voltage), set the core clock to 4.4GHz with 44 x 100mhz, and set the LCC to the middle setting. try booting it up and see what happens.

What are your settings, a GHz, temperature.

As of 5/3/16, the top 59% of tested 6700Ks were able to hit 4.7GHz or greater.

•47x CPU Multiplier

Test equipment:

Depending upon your setup, frequencies achieved can be ±100MHz.

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/lga-1151/products/6700k47g

My computer vill explode I think :p

Set the memory to 2133, turn off all power saving settings, set the Vcore to 1.33V (make sure its not offset voltage), set the core clock to 4.4GHz with 44 x 100mhz, and set the LCC to the middle setting. try booting it up and see what happens.

Where do I set memory? And the 44 x 100Mhz, what does that mean?

So level 3 or 4 of LLC? (I have 7 levels)

I would like to suggest two things:

1. Go about this more scientific.
2. Err on the side of caution.

Typically you want to start at stocks speeds and slowly work your way up to your maximum overclock, its a marathon not a foot-race ;) Right now you are just jumping around. Try documenting your progress/results and go off others examples. Here's what I would do... reset all your BIOS settings, toggle manual multiplier and voltage. Try the following settings:

Multiplier = 40 @ 1.20 V
Multiplier = 42 @ 1.25 V
Multiplier = 44 @ 1.35 V

If you can't pass Prime 95 Small FFT over 30 mins, then raise your voltage by 0.025 and try it again. Once you pass Prime 95 Small FFT test over 30 mins, try to lower your voltage while staying at the same multiplier. After you determine the lowest possible STABLE voltage for that multiplier, move up to the next multiplier. After you figure out roughly how much voltage you need per extra multiplier. You can run some longer tests (1-2 hours), to insure that to don't crash during normal usage.

PS: The CPU run off a base clock speed times a multiplier to get its operating frequency... so (multiplier) x (baseclock) = frequency; 44 x 100 = 4400 MHz = 4.4 GHz

Back