• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCability of the MSI 875P Neo ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well its been a couple of days an here is what the email said...

Dear Customer,

You have to wait and see, we are working hard on it to convence Taiwan to give us a higher Vcore

thats the european office :) for epox that is :)

still waiting on answers from Albatron !

Hello Kenjo.

U from Halmstad(Sweden)...if so hello m8.

About the board....I´ll soon have the MSI board along with the IC7-G for some benchies and comparisons in my prommy rigg.
This really is an interseting board....a real beast I might say.

woooow cheezzzes m8 :) u alive hehe.. an yeah im da one from sweden(if ya didnt guess it)

soo ull have both the MSI an Abit board great news.. what cpu u planning to run with it ? ...

as im going to upgrade now on the 23:e of this month i would like to know what board to get :)

i had a chat with epox aswell :) but they are very very silent :) ..

how is everything working out at NH ? good i hope.. great site btw...

we are gonna kickstart the old page again.. hehe its been sleeping to long :) need something to do when im not out partyin or ridin my inlines :)

cheers

Good to se you alive to.. :D

About the borads...as it seemes I´ll get the IC7 first...MSI will take a little longer.
If everything goes my way I´ll popp in a 3.0 800fsb to bench them.
But later on I´ll use 2.4 800fsb..to get some serious bandwidth ;)

Tbh..if where you and about to upgrade I would choose IC7... at least as it feels now. U can´t wrong with Abit ..no matter what....however we´ll se about the overclockability when both boards are aout and there is good bioses to them both.

i agree on ya there.. but i have had my fair share of Abit boards :) both AmD and Intel .. i want to try something new out for a change.. an NO i dont even want to go near an Asus board again..
ive had enough probs with the P4B533-E to last me a lifetime!!

ey naughty why dont u pop over for a chat about week 22 ? im free then :) from work i mean .. no kinky buis here :) or maybe ill take my inlines an pop up to you to watch u horribly mutulate the boards :)

Good Luck tweaky.. let me know about any probs an success ofcourse.. as the time of update is drawing closer :)

the official 1.32 bios is out. Yes you can oc in bios without losing oc when u post to windows. This board is doing well for me @165 fsb

JeffPH said:
the official 1.32 bios is out. Yes you can oc in bios without losing oc when u post to windows. This board is doing well for me @165 fsb

nice... I'm just waiting for my 2.4C >.< now, I did slap my old *** B0 stepping 2.4 and managed a stable 162 FSB out of it lol, quick question I know when some guys flashed the BIOS they lost the RAID BIOS :mad:, did that happen with you or is everything fine?

Kenjo said:
its true that u have 2.3 vcore also jeff ?

Here ya go m8y.... :D :D :D

Category: Motherboard Bios
Added on: 14-May-2003
Available ! 1.32 Bios for the "MSI 875P Neo"
Description: Allows for Overclocking of 400, 533, and 800 P4s
Vcore to 2.3V OPPAINTER Approved :)
Version: Filesize: 363 bytes

LINKAGE

Naughtyboy_2000 said:

Here ya go m8y.... :D :D :D

Category: Motherboard Bios
Added on: 14-May-2003
Available ! 1.32 Bios for the "MSI 875P Neo"
Description: Allows for Overclocking of 400, 533, and 800 P4s
Vcore to 2.3V OPPAINTER Approved :)
Version: Filesize: 363 bytes

LINKAGE

These new 800mhz bus cpus, don't like vcore above 1.7V anyway so what use is 2.3V?

Well well the search is over... i got the Asus P4P800-Deluxe an its AWSOME :) just need to tweak it more .) got it running at 115x24 on my old 400FSB cpu :) going for 125mhz l8 on.. have booted at that speed on the P4B533-e mobo :)

Hey guys,

Im new here and new to overclocking. I have a MSI 875P FIS2R (BIOS 1.32) with a P4 2.6C an eVGA e-GeForce 5900 SE 128MB DDR video card. The memory that im running is generic 2x512 Generic PC3200.

I have managed to OC my system to 3.25GHz (250 CPU Freq) very stable with a Zalman 7000 fan. I was not able to anything over 215 CPU Freq until I lowered the DRAM setting on my mobo to 266MHz.

My question is, what is this DRAM setting and why am I limited to OC when running this on Auto? I was wondering if maybe you guys could post some OC results with similar setups, but put in your mobo settings.

Another strange thing that happend to me, I was trying to compare my OC to stock using 3DMark03. I ran the tests with it OC'd and then I set it back to normal. After I changed my settings back to normal my system would not boot anymore. The only way I can get my PC to boot at all now is to run it at the OC settings. Anyone experience this before?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to gaining much knowledge from all of you.

Ocing on this mobo is ok. altho it doenst like corsair to run at tight timings :) my highest on air was 3.6

i have a neo 875p fis2r

yes, i see this tread is a bit old so i thought i'd make it alive again :)

the reason i came to this forum was curiosity after seeing on the cpu database that there are a few people running high fsb's with msi 875p neos. and im after the same bios that they are using..

currently running a

2.4c @ 3.15 (1:1 o/c) - 1.53v
bios 2.0
GEiL ultra platinum pc4000 @ 263

mm yes, i would like to take my rig furthur since temps are not a problem using the sp-94.. whats holding me back!!!?!?!

even if i stick the divider to 5:4 anything above ~270 doesnt boot
:(

Back