• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCability of the MSI 875P Neo ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea i had the same problem with it not booting over 270 ish... is it the board or what? what could i do to get it to boot over 270? and what about other boards, do they have to same problems or no?

i was looking at the abit board and they really rock out the fsb... they were getting like around 300fsb with 2.4c or 2.6c chips... thats nuts... Can i do that with the board? I know my chip can be pushed further, but the board is holding me back... what if i got a new hsf for my nb... its gets pretty hot... hmm, i'll check it out and the update u guys..

wfarid said:
i was looking at the abit board and they really rock out the fsb... they were getting like around 300fsb with 2.4c or 2.6c chips... thats nuts... Can i do that with the board? I know my chip can be pushed further, but the board is holding me back... what if i got a new hsf for my nb... its gets pretty hot... hmm, i'll check it out and the update u guys..

hmmm did u take the disco light fan off the northbridge?

i havent checked the temps on it but since it was actively cooled, i thought it was allright. i know my friend with a dfi board, if he runs at same speeds as me his nb gets damn hot.

if you look at the cpu database and stick in a p4 2.4c and look at around the 3600mhz mark, youll see there are a few msi boards there.. so hence why i thought its possible to run higher fsbs (since those people are running 300!!)

naw, since i have a red theme, i left the red leds in but took out the green and blue ones... im gonna get this heatsink fan combo for my nb http://www.svc.com/thermaltake-nb1.html its gotten great reviews and its not that heavy so i dont need to fear the hooks being ripped out of my mobo (im a college kid so i move my comp a lot, so its a danger)

hey but i was impressed with oc ability of the msi board, it made me proud again... lol...

right now im ocing my chip quite a bit, and it's totaly pm95 stable... i'll try to push it some more... ill keep ya'll posted

for all u msi 875p fanboys, i have made a mementous discovery... CHANGE UR FREAKING HSF ON UR NB and ull be able to oc like a dream.... I just brought the nb-1 and stuck that thing on (i didnt have my as5 on me so i used the gunky crap that came with it) and there is a huge difference in temps, like 10-12degrees! Before I couldnt even boot into windows past 265fsb, that however is a thing of the past, i easily booted into windows with 270fsb!! Unfortunately my psu is really bad and im getting an antec tp 550, so i won't have problem with undervolting, but yea, i was really surprised, great results.. Ill keep ya guys posted...

ill easily be able to go past 270, however i dont want to increase the voltage too much...

I've gotten 3.8GHz out of a 3.0c with the 875p FIS2R, and it was absolutely stable throughout normal use and even benching with Sandra, PCMark and 3DMark, but crashed every time loading Far Cry (game). I haven't attempted to up my VCore too much or change the NB cooling, which may actually make it stick. Good luck with your board and your OC's! Sounds like you're already pushing some awesome numbers!

-HiAmp

I can't get my vcore over 1.6 or it won't boot. I can get my FSB up higher just fine but it isn't prime95 stable so I assume I need more Vcore but when I try to change the Vcore to 1.7 it won't post and I have to clear the cmos. I currently run at what is in my sig and it is prime95 stable but I know I could get way higher if the damn board wouldn't flake out when I upped the Vcore. My temp's are not the issue either they never go above 49 @ Load. Usually idles @33 or @35.

Back