• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'in quest-voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xnewnx

Well, so goes the story, i've been messing around with my 3.0E and i've faceplanted into a wall at 3.75 (250 fsb) :confused: , and im thinking right now. i've got my xp-120 so im not getting a whole lot better cooling then that without going into water.
to cut a long story short, im at stock volts (which i believe is 1.33....) and it crossed my mind "hey, i cant wish for the world with minimal work/risk" so raises the question, if i upedd it to 1.4 or so maybe 1.45 do you think i could hit a bit higher? if im lucky, maybe 3.9ish?
my temps arent horrid at about 45 idle (still checking load) anyways
thanks in advanced

Definitely try 1.4v and see what happens. Going higher than that... like 1.45v... depends on your temps.

Anything under 1.5 vcore with stable temperatures (under load) should be fine. If your lucky, 4ghz is deffinetly within reach.

Thanks for the replies
well, apparently my temps werent quite as good as i thought they were, Idle about 45 and Load about 60 (at 3.67). not *extremely* bad, but definatly in need of improvment. ill try 1.4 right now, and if it messes with my temps too bad, ill back it down
ill get back to you

well then, just did a few different set ups and i tried raising the vcore to 1.38 instead of 1.36 and it booted up stable and into windows with an idle temp of about 46.5-47, and when i went to prime it, it only went for a couple minutes reaching up to 58 degrees before it froze
apparently not stable enough, ill try 1.41 after i get some better cooling (side case 120 and 120 blowhole)
like many i've a quest for 4Ghz and im pretty sure ill get there, just with a little bit of work.

that's one fast computer, lol, the FSB on that thing is way past intel stock haha, if you bench that against a P4 at the same speed, you'll smoke it for sure.

heh yeah thanks, id be interested to see what a stock 3.6 p4 does against my set up, ill look around and see what i can get. just wait till i hit 4Ghz, ill be rolling in it.
....whatever 'it' may be.....

If you can hit 3.8 gig, I can benchmark my 3.8 at default speed for comparison. A 3.0E at 3.8 is indeed a performer. How high will your RAM go at 1:1? You might need to drop down to 5:4 if you go too much higher.

well right now, my ram will go up to 250 on 1:1 and then my cpu gets a bit unstable as we already know, so im not sure how high max it'll get, i've messed around wiht 5:4 a bit, ill get back to you when i reach 3.8
thanks

Back