• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ to make phase change units

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OutS|der said:
so who are the ones that do custom work on here and how is one able to contact them? my only options are buying one from an online store costing at least $800 and up plus due to the fact all the stores i can find are in the US so i'd be paying an arm and a leg for duty as well. so i would love to be able to talk to the ones on here who make the best custom chillers, as for price since my buying it from a store would be around $1000 anything less then that spent on a custom chiller would be a great bonus. so maybe if someone who knows the people who make the custom units can ask them if i can be given thier emails or something that would be great. plz send me a pvt msg on here if its possible

Where are you located at? Maybe I can hunt down reputable builders around globe close to you :) There are quite a few of us after all :)

i'm in vancouver, canada but if i can get it shipped here advoiding duties then it doesn't make much of a diff where the builders are, well depending on how much it would cost to ship,
but a list of reputable builders would be great, though please add in a few of the ones that in your opinion do the best work no matter how far away they are

i want one of these things, well, i want my well-off buddy to get one so i can play around with it :D

why OCZ why must you torture me

Apoptosis said:
OCZ informed me that they have these units made and are sitting in China because they can't find a way to ship the gas legally to the united states from China... Just an update if anyone is wondering what is going on with these suckers.

We just got an update from OCZ as to why this product is not yet avalible.

It's probably got something to do with the blend of gasses.

Anyways, I hope it gets released soon so I get to say "I told you so!" :p

davekusa said:
I don't really understand the issue.

1. They make refrigerators in china and ship them here. So why is this
different?

2. So they're for sale in China?

they dont throw refrigerators on a UPS truck for a kid to throw around.

plus there is no chance for a refrig to be crushed, or thrown on top of a stack of boxes and fall. or get knocked around a lot, or that the compressor would pull off of the metal frame (whatever it is made of).

OCZ

I am getting realy impatient.. Some one says the cryo-z was supposed to be released in June, hasn't happened. There isn't even any news from OCZ. I contacted someone at OCZ:

"The product is still in development right now so I don’t know when it will be available. We’re all hoping it launches soon.

[email protected]"

arghh :temper: if anyone finds new information do let me know... or keep posting..;

Last edited:
Well from which my sources who I can't name, but they are reliable, when the original two alpha units were shipped to china, for a convention (i forget which one), they were apparently either lost or stolen, but my source implies they were stolen, now OCZ is worried about some chinese company copying it and selling it. Tony (bigtoe) afaik hasn't had enough time to redevelope the whole unit.

Welcome sentinel and jmag, could to see you guys here.
I have a fealing even if they could make it, this would never become mass produced due to liability.

I'm going Mach II

I got tired of waiting too.. Scored a refurbished Mach II at kit-tronics for $650..

FutureRig:
Intel E6600 (Pre-Ordered)
Albatron PX975X (Waiting for release)
OCZ DDR2 800Mhz EL Platinum 2GB Kit XTC (Already obtained)
Mach II Phase Change Cooling system (On its way)
1,000 Watt PSU + Thermaltake Armour case (Already obtained)

China sucks. You know that ab-roller? Well a guy who works for my dad in his buisness invented the first one, sent it over to some manufactuer in china who then stole it, mass produced it, and sold something redicilous like half a billion of them in the first year making tons of $$$$. The guy, who eventualy got a U.S. manufactuer to produce them only sold a few million, and all the money made selling his he tried to fight the china manufactuer. Lets just say it didnt get very far at all and costed him a hell of a lot of money...

Back