• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Diablo III Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was editing stuff in as you were typing that.

:rofl:

Lol!

Here's a couple new characters to add to the NPC List, I must have missed them earlier.

Rakanoth
The Lord of Anguish, which may be related to Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish although Andariel is thought to have created lilith with Mephisto. Rakanoth is a servant of Azmodan and serves alongside Cydaea and Ghom.

Cydaea
She is one of the lieutenants of Azmodan, Lord of Sin.

Ghom
Ghom is a new character to Diablo, and his title is the Lord of Gluttony. He serves alongside Cydaea, the Maiden of Lust, and Rakanoth, the Lord of Anguish. Ghom appears to have been modeled after the original Thousand Pounder monster type.

I plan on getting it and playing with friends even though I never played Diablo 2. Hopefully it captures my attention. I tried Diablo 1 but a combination of being really young at the time and the Butcher being quite difficult turned me off of the game.

Great thread, keep it going. I am the only one in my group of friends who plays diablo so its nice to see interest growing here that i can chime in on and read.

If you want add your battle.net tag to the list we have stickied lots of people there who will want to play with you.

Edit: well its not sticky yet... BUT its still just below this thread.

Added links to the character class short stories. I've read all of them, and they're pretty good.

Side note... D1 had "friendly" fire always on :clap:

Lol!

Here's a couple new characters to add to the NPC List, I must have missed them earlier.

Rakanoth
The Lord of Anguish, which may be related to Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish although Andariel is thought to have created lilith with Mephisto. Rakanoth is a servant of Azmodan and serves alongside Cydaea and Ghom.

Cydaea
She is one of the lieutenants of Azmodan, Lord of Sin.

Ghom
Ghom is a new character to Diablo, and his title is the Lord of Gluttony. He serves alongside Cydaea, the Maiden of Lust, and Rakanoth, the Lord of Anguish. Ghom appears to have been modeled after the original Thousand Pounder monster type.

Added these.

I was just thinking about this... But in reality we don't know anything about any of the bosses except the one they showed the fight with in the old game play video and that's assuming he is a final boss and to me he doesn't look like a final boss...

GAHHH I'm so excited!

I was just thinking about this... But in reality we don't know anything about any of the bosses except the one they showed the fight with in the old game play video and that's assuming he is a final boss and to me he doesn't look like a final boss...

GAHHH I'm so excited!

Azmodan and Belial will be Act bosses. It's also possible that Imperius could be a Act boss. Rakanoth, Grohm and Cydaea might all be super uniques. Diablo will be the final boss. So if you have Belial, Azmodan and Diablo as Act bosses, that leaves one bad guy as an act boss, so either Imperius or someone we don't know about yet.

you would think they still talk about Diablo a lot but at the same time they could be tricky.. they are blizzard, though I would love to kick Diablo's *** again!

EDIT: I just checked those links and there all just concept art so we still really don't know what they will look like or what they do which makes this all the more exciting to me!

you would think they still talk about Diablo a lot but at the same time they could be tricky.. they are blizzard, though I would love to kick Diablo's *** again!

EDIT: I just checked those links and there all just concept art so we still really don't know what they will look like or what they do which makes this all the more exciting to me!

True. I'm eager to see how big they are in-game. The other thing I think is sweet is how each Act will have multiple boss battles and not just an Act Boss.

True. I'm eager to see how big they are in-game. The other thing I think is sweet is how each Act will have multiple boss battles and not just an Act Boss.

so its slated to have multiple big bosses? When i was in the beta I noticed it had the bosses slain or something like that that seems like a pic of them will show up when you kill them.

But that would be fun to have more big boss battles it would give you a lot of options of what you want to do for experience runs.

so its slated to have multiple big bosses? When i was in the beta I noticed it had the bosses slain or something like that that seems like a pic of them will show up when you kill them.

But that would be fun to have more big boss battles it would give you a lot of options of what you want to do for experience runs.

Yep, each act will have a few different bosses. They are called "Super Uniques" and will be in the same location each time, acting as a true boss. Super Uniques are seperate from the Act bosses. Right now the only ones that have been shown is the Siegebreaker Assault Beast, Thousand Pounder and Leoric, but it's been confirned that there are multiple Super Uniques. Probably 2 per act, maybe, plus the Act boss.

There were tons of non-Act Boss super uniques in D2 that you'll remember. Here's a few:

• Blood Raven
  • The Countess
  • The Smith
  • Radament
  • Summoner
  • The Council Members: Ismail, Geleb, Toorc, Bremm, Wyand, Maffer
  • Izual
  • Hephasto
  • Mini-bosses in Chaos Sanctuary
  • Eldritch
  • Nihlathak
  • Mini-bosses at Baal's Throne
I'm sure there will be the same sort of thing goin on in D3.

I decided to get my butt in gear today and start my D3 build. I have a thread on it already but for everyone revamping their comps for the new game.

This case was empty earlier today.
a2c9fbc2.jpg

Anyone doing some tweaks for this game? Curious of there is a good keyboard or mouse or whatever for this game?

one that has a left and right mouse button and a keyboard with a working 1-5 keys :D jk looks good man, I'm always partial to my Logitech gear my G15 keyboard has been rockin strong for some time now. and i recently got a G9x mouse and though it took me some time to get use to it I really like it now.

Back