• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Half Life 2 Thread (HL2 discussion here, all other threads will be closed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As I renumerate, Amazon's a pretty good indicator of release dates. They were the first one's to post the new date. Follow a couple of games and you'll see what I mean.
Unfortunately, now the most highly anticipated games of 2003, HL2 and Doom, are both coming out next year! :bang head

Maybe its a big gaming conspiracy, maybe there really is no half life 2, its all just a story, leak the source code to kill the idea of HL2, there really is no valve, you have now been brain washed, you will now go buy Doom III :rolleyes:

Maybe I am going to hunt down these rat ******* hackers and show them the barrel of a 12 guage :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alucard said:
Valve is not set to release HL2 until April at the earliest, they are redoing the source code

Where did you hear about the source code??? It's a great idea, albeit time consuming. Do you have a link stating official release from Valve that they're redoing their entire source tree? Or part of it???

It really sucks that HL2 was leaked, but thats not the cause of it not being released. All I got to say is the game is no where near completion from what I've been hearing from a couple people.

Also it wasn't just 1 person that broke into Valve and got the source code. It was 5 people that worked togeather on it to get the code.

Valve might be quiet intrested in a e-mail I want to send them. Who's got that e-mail link to send information to Valve about the hack????

deathman20 said:
It really sucks that HL2 was leaked, but thats not the cause of it not being released. All I got to say is the game is no where near completion from what I've been hearing from a couple people.

Also it wasn't just 1 person that broke into Valve and got the source code. It was 5 people that worked togeather on it to get the code.

Valve might be quiet intrested in a e-mail I want to send them. Who's got that e-mail link to send information to Valve about the hack????

[email protected]

Rather keep this under wraps right now til I see what Valve says about this information. Don't want to release something that they don't want released. Thanks for the link YellowDart.

deathman20 said:
Rather keep this under wraps right now til I see what Valve says about this information. Don't want to release something that they don't want released. Thanks for the link YellowDart.

Anytime...

I found this link to a little blurb from GamePro magazine. They're info is usually pretty reliable (although sometimes a little behind the curve). I thought their quote from EBGames was pretty interesting.

http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/news/31360.shtml

There still might be some hope for a holiday season arrival of HL2. But until it comes out, I'll be looking at Halo, Call of Duty, Max Payne 2 to keep me busy. :D

Hello from EBgames.com!

On Tuesday of this week we sent the email below to all of our customers who pre-ordered Half-Life 2. We are writing you today to keep you as up to date as possible about the status of this highly anticipated game. We
have now moved our projected release date back up to November 27, 2003. Please keep in mind that this date is very tentative and is likely to change a few times before it starts shipping.

As always, we will keep you updated with any changes in the release date as we receive news about Half-Life 2.

Best Regards,
EBgames.com
Customer Service Team
Stupid EBgames

Back