• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Other options for hi-def palyback..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

I plan on buying the LG combo bluray/hddvd player for my htpc. I see that Cyberlink is the only company that that has software(Powerdvd Ultra) that will play HD content on your computer. Does anyone know if someone else is coming out with software that will play HD content???>

Nero showtime plays as well with the HD upgrade. Not sure if you need that for Nero 8 or not, but I've played HD DVD's (no BD's) w/ both Nero 7 & Nero 8 and it does work...most of the time. I have issues with both Power DVD Ultra and Nero Showtime with certain HD DVD's but I always get one or the other to play for me. Course I've since bought an XBOX 360 & HD DVD drive and it kills both software solutions for ease of use & reliability, but hopefully with some updates the software solutions will improve.

The nightly builds of VLC .9 have some support for playback.

http://nightlies.videolan.org/

Its not full support and it requires that you go located the video file inside the disk yourself, so you can't just tell it to play on the blu ray/hd-dvd disk. Since the dev's don't have either player they can't build in support yet, but they do support the codecs for the video.

I have nero 7 ultra edition-so will they work on it???

Think you need the HD upgrade, but I don't think it costs much.

Back