• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our folding team needs a big boost! Scratch our back and i'll scratch yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
Once again it's time for the almighty chimp challenge! Our folding team is facing some real tough opponents this year and we need some emergency support!!

Check out this thread
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641531

Fold for username: T32monkeys
Under Team: 32

I am willing to crunch seti for anyone that would like some reimbursement for their time. The more firepower you bring, the more I will reimburse. I have an I7 @ 3.780Ghz.

Please understand that I cannot reimburse at a 1:1 ratio or I'd be paying you guys back for years to come. Let's say every 25,000 PPD you bring to the table will earn you 24 hours of payback from me.

of course i would need an HFM (Harlam's Folding Monitor) Screenshot and your Boinc username in order to hook you guys up.

Also this offer expires after I get 90 days of work queued up that I'd need to pay back (I don't want to be paying my debt over the course of several years now ;)). This number may go up if other folding members jump onboard this idea.

HFM can be found here
http://code.google.com/p/hfm-net/

*EDIT Ok I am willing to double my offer... each 25,000 PPD will get you 48 hours up to a maximum of 180 days.

Any takers? The challenge has already started and we are getting creamed by EVGA and OCN

Last edited:
I've been trying to get an older Phenom on-line along with it's 8800 GPU and I'll kick that over to Folding when I get it running, hopefully by Monday.

Personally, the Folders have helped us out in the past so as far as I'm concerned the bill's already been paid ... ;)

I have another SETI rig coming online tomorrow, I think I can have it do some folding to break in... ;)
Since I can't use my ATI gpus with SETI :bang head , I'll switch those over tonight as well :D

Thanks guys, If you would like some reimbursement, just ask. ;)

I'll chuck my dual core on FAH on Monday (Sunday your time) when I next have access to it.. only brings ~600 PPD sorry :(.. I've never been able to get the GPU client to work on my main rig, but I'll give it another go

QuietIce said:
Personally, the Folders have helped us out in the past so as far as I'm concerned the bill's already been paid ...;)

+1

I'm going to give 1kppd from my PS3 to the Folding Monkey thing.

I'll be willing to move my GPUs over as well. They'll do more than my CPUs would anyway.

I'll chuck my dual core on FAH on Monday (Sunday your time) when I next have access to it.. only brings ~600 PPD sorry :(.. I've never been able to get the GPU client to work on my main rig, but I'll give it another go

+1

hey pm me if you need help It wasn't to difficult. They have some sweet instructions.

not officially part of either team but I'll throw in my pentium4 and radeon hd 2600 and an athlon 64 with 8600. Though I can only afford to run them on off peak electrical hours (5pm to 7am)

Does F@H have an UltraSparc client? I've got an Ultra 60 Elite 3D system with 2 UltraSparc II 450 MHz procs

Last edited:
I don't think that it does :(

Also thanks, anything helps.

We just dropped from 3rd place to 6th place OVERNIGHT! PLZ HELP US OUT!!!

at the current rates, I would say probably in 8-12 days.....

Btw, your GPUs would be a great help for the race none1!!

GARY? aka? I remember you from seti way back, but had seen you were innactive ........

1) SO, I'm still not sure after reading the main thread is this a race to a certain number, or to see how much can be done in a set number of days?

2) I'm getting TWO geforce 260 / 216's tomorrow, was thinkiing to move some stuff over to help yall out, but, it all looks so much more complicated than seti, all the words are different.

I'll see what I can get up tomorrow ....

Am I doing it right?
2cqmome.jpg

Also, how can I tell how big each WU is? Last time I used FAH, I was a little concerned about WU size... I'm almost past my monthly data limit, and I'm seldom at this pc anymore, so I barely maintain it (pretty much set-and-forget)

Last edited:
GARY? aka? I remember you from seti way back, but had seen you were innactive ........

1) SO, I'm still not sure after reading the main thread is this a race to a certain number, or to see how much can be done in a set number of days?

2) I'm getting TWO geforce 260 / 216's tomorrow, was thinkiing to move some stuff over to help yall out, but, it all looks so much more complicated than seti, all the words are different.

I'll see what I can get up tomorrow ....

yes, this is Gary, my old friend! :cool:

The race is set to 20 million points.

I must say, the CUDA Folding app must be well written o_O it's maxing out my card (stays stuck at 99% GPU usage) whereas the SETI app hovers around 80-85%, and dips all the time... also, the folding app doesn't lag videos like the SETI one.

Interesting o_O

Oh, I put FAH on my lappy, but couldn't get the SMP client to work properly.. it would only ever open 1 instance of core_a1... so for now, it's only pulling in ~400 PPD :( sorry!

I got 3 x gforce 260s, 2x Gforce 280M, 1 x gforce 8800 GTX and a bunch of processor cores. I can bring some on line for folding ....

IF I could figure out what to download where.

I went to the folding team, lots of "start here " stickies. smp, vmware, gpu what? I got 3 quad cores, do I need the SMP install? wait, I got 6 CUDA GPUs, do I need the GPU install? wait, that link is broken ....

I tried this sticky "* The Official Team 32 F@H FAQ [**NEW MEMBERS START HERE**] * " and the link to install folding takes me to a broken page at stanford. /shrug

SO. I need

1) A link to download the correct software
2) What team / username / passkey??? information do I need.

I got processors and gpus, but dont have hours to configure FOH to get it to work.

Anyone got a link to a guide that works?

Thanks!

Back