• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our folding team needs a big boost! Scratch our back and i'll scratch yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Our folding team needs a big boost! Scratch our back and i'll scratch yours?

OK, the monkey race is over, we took third place(which is really a 1st place won, in our class); you scratched our backs, just let us know where it itches on yours. ;)

I have an i7 920(20x180) at your disposal for a couple of weeks.

I will be crunching for our SETI team for a week. I need to finish the current WU, and then I'll be crunching.

I just have two questions:

1) Is there an optimized client for Windows 7 64 bit?, and

2) I'm running the standard BOINC right now, and it's running very slowly - like a screensaver would run, using no cpu cycles at all while I'm surfing the net, for instance. How do I get it to run (and not blank the screen), 24/7, but on a low priority basis?

Thanks, and thanks for your help in our race.

I will be crunching for our SETI team for a week. I need to finish the current WU, and then I'll be crunching.

I just have two questions:

1) Is there an optimized client for Windows 7 64 bit?, and

2) I'm running the standard BOINC right now, and it's running very slowly - like a screensaver would run, using no cpu cycles at all while I'm surfing the net, for instance. How do I get it to run (and not blank the screen), 24/7, but on a low priority basis?

Thanks, and thanks for your help in our race.

I didn't see the race until late in the game as I was out of town; next time a call for help is raised I will be happy to join in. There is an optimized client from Lunatics; the sticky is a pretty good install guide. Basically, just run their unified installer and it will install the optimized CPU and CUDA apps. It's automatically on "low priority" but you may want to tweak the preferences if you have a CUDA card and are seeing jerkiness in your display (set GPU to run only when idle).

I can't speak for others, but I don't think any payback is necessary. I had a blast during this years chimp challenge. It was tight for while and the adrenaline was definitely flowing. It hasn't been that long since you guys helped us out in the SETI gauntlet either.

If you insist on helping, thanks!! We won't turn you away. If you have any issues finding the settings that work well for you, just ask.

Well, for me it's not so much a feeling of obligation, it's like when you have a potluck lunch, and someone brings a salad, others may bring a casserole, another person brings a dessert, and so on.(how's that for an analogy!) ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed participating in last years Gauntlet; something a bit different is fun to do.

Back