• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Overclocked GTX 570, tweak help and tips needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twitchy

Registered
Hello everyone!

I have a Nvidia GTX 570 in my case and I have it OC'd. Now I'm curious about the stats. When I run MSI Kombustor and 3DMark Vantage the FPS is increased, but when I'm playing games its still on 60 FPS as I had before I clocked it. I saw a light increase on BF3 (Singleplayer) but not that much as I expected. It just don't want to go over 60FPS in a game. But in 3DMark and MSI Kombustor its shows a lot over 100 sometimes. And easy over 80. What have I done wrong?

I have Fraps 3.5.6 and its set on 100 FPS, but still no increase in game.

I ran FurMark for 20 minutes on full screen(1920x1080), 2X MSAA, Burn-In, Extreme Burn-In & Dynamic Background. Its wont heat over 65 C. No artifacts at all.

I have a 3'd Party cooler on my 570, It's a Accelero XTREME Plus. Its lowered my temps with 23C, with stock clock. Around 18-20C with my OC.

I OC'd my video card in MSI Afterburner

Stock stats on my GTX 570:

Core Voltage (mV) 1013
Core Clock (MHz) 732
Shader Clock (MHz) 1464
Memory Clock (MHz) 1900

OC stats on my GTX 570:

Core Voltage (mV) 1088
Core Clock (MHz) 850
Shader Clock (MHz) 1700
Memory Clock (MHz) 1900

The card don't reach 70C in full load, and that's in FurMark Extreme Burn-In for 20 minutes. '

Have I done this wrong? What is the optimal stats for a great OC on this card? I really need help! :)

Last edited:
Is vertical sync on on the games you play?

If yes, that's why you top@60FPS.

Oh, is it that simple? LOL! But, I get this annoying line in the screen without Vsync? How do I get rid of that then?

But is the Overclock I did useful? Does the stats mach each other? Or in other words, is it stable?

Thanks man!

That's the point of Vsync, to make sure tearing like that doesn't occur. Usually the monitor refresh rate is 60-75Hz anyway, and AFAIK most human eyes can't tell the difference past 60.

Okey, then I understand my problem. BUT, if this line appears, what to do?

Thanks man, will test this out and come back to you!

I'm running my games on a 32" LCD TV. With HDMI from GPU to TV.

Cheers!

That's the point of Vsync, to make sure tearing like that doesn't occur. Usually the monitor refresh rate is 60-75Hz anyway, and AFAIK most human eyes can't tell the difference past 60.

Hey man, I have now tested a few games with Vsync off. I get the higher FPS in game, but I get that damn tearing line in my screen? Can I tweak this away or is it Vsync with 60 FPS with no line OR no Vsync, higher FPS but the line included?

You're actually getting higher FPS all the time, VSync forces your FPS to stay within the limits of the monitor. You might be able to tweak it away by messing with the game graphic settings. Remember that with Vsync on, it's just a cap on your FPS at 60. If it goes below 60 with Vsync on, it would have gone below with Vsync off anyway.

You're actually getting higher FPS all the time, VSync forces your FPS to stay within the limits of the monitor. You might be able to tweak it away by messing with the game graphic settings. Remember that with Vsync on, it's just a cap on your FPS at 60. If it goes below 60 with Vsync on, it would have gone below with Vsync off anyway.

Okey. Then I think I get that part. Thanks for explaining to me! Just need to ask a follow question. So when I run a game with Vsync on I still (practical) have the higher FPS but I don't see it because the Vsync is limiting it to 60? So its just a pick of choice then?

One more thing. Do you think my Overclock is good? I'm not really sure to be honest. The temps is great but I don't really see that performance boost I'm looking for. I just have a 650w power supply. Is that to small for that kind of OC I'm looking for? I'm just asking because I cant rise my Core volt more than a little more. Its on 1088 now. Max is 1100.

I'm just looking for more boost in GPU with less Volt. Tips?

Basically. And since the monitor and/or your eyes can't tell a huge difference past 60, as long as it never drops, it should be fine.

Here's a nice 185 pages of GTX570 overclocking results for your viewing pleasure :).
http://www.overclock.net/t/891918/gtx-570-overclocking-thread

Okey. Just an example. If I now play Alice Madness Returns with Vsync off, I lay around 80-100 FPS depends a little of the environment. So if I get this right I still have the high FPS even if I have Vsync on? But, the Vsync limit the visual FPS only, right? Not the performance? Or do I just being a idiot? :screwy:

Thanks! Will look at that! :D

Vsync synchronizes the frame rate with the monitor refresh rate (60Hz=>60 images/sec).

With vSync on, your FPS will top at 60 with a 60Hz monitor.

Vsync synchronizes the frame rate with the monitor refresh rate (60Hz=>60 images/sec).

With vSync on, your FPS will top at 60 with a 60Hz monitor.

Then I get it. Thanks! So you can basically higher the Vsync with a better monitor, or a monitor that have higher Hz? :D

If the game is smart enough. Some games might figure out the VSync of the monitor and limit to that, but I'd imagine a lot of games just assume 60.

Other than 60Hz monitors, the more expensive ones usually go up to 75Hz. Some can be overclocked, like the Korean Catleap monitors that are here, the max OC on those seems to be about 100Hz.

All 3D monitors are 120Hz.

If the game is smart enough. Some games might figure out the VSync of the monitor and limit to that, but I'd imagine a lot of games just assume 60.

Other than 60Hz monitors, the more expensive ones usually go up to 75Hz. Some can be overclocked, like the Korean Catleap monitors that are here, the max OC on those seems to be about 100Hz.

All 3D monitors are 120Hz.

Nice information guys, thanks. I think I will "SOLVE" this thread now. If you don't have any more useful stuff to tell me about this.

Thanks for the help m8's. Have fun!

Back