• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Intel P4 1.5ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

no_pulse

this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to overclock my Intel P4 1.5ghz processor to 2.0ghz without causing any damage?

Specs:

Asus P4B Mobo
i845 chipset
Intel P4 (willamette) processor

Is it possible to do it without water cooling or adding addition fans? I have (obviously) never overclocked my CPU and was just wondering.

I would try and attempt to over clock it to like 1.7, but the only option I have on my P4B mobo is to overclock it to 2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I know, Willamette processors didnt overclock that well, and I think they went up to about 1.8Ghz before the northwoods took over?

I've also heard Willamette processors made poor overclockers. Still, you should be able to get a few more mhz out of your chip. Right now, you should be running 100mhz fsb x 15 multiplier = 1500mhz. You should be able to overclock it to whatever you want by changing the front side bus in your BIOS. Try raising it a few mhz at a time to be sure you're safe. Take a look at the stickies in this forum for more OC basics. Good luck!

Back