• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OverClocking More with pc2700!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unknown85

Registered
currently, i have a pc2100 crucial ram. i am thinking about getting a pc2700 kingmax ram. the reason is because i can only oc my amd xp to fsb 145. will this pc2700 help me to oc past 150?

Possibly. The 2700 ram stick itself will be able to handle the highert fsb, but the real question is will the rest of your hardware handle it? the memory may yield a little higher fsb but then you run into probs with your hardware getting screwy. Good luck. also, to check if yoor hardware will cause probs, drop the mult and up the fsb. Your chip may run slower, but this is mainly to see if your other components can handle the fsb.

I was able to get up to 150 fsb on my Dragon + as compared to about 144 beforew going to Samsung PC2700. I bought 2 512 meg sticks. Only problem I have is that the M/B will only detect one stick. I have had 2 sticks of PC2100 256 megs each in it previous no problem.

Well, I updated the bios, reseated the ram about 20 times and finally both sticks are working.

Yes, the PC 2700 ram did make a difference of about 5-6 on the front side bus.

Back