• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking your 9500np, 9500pro and 9700 np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i did this method and i have obtained a great overclok with my bba 9500 non pro with 3.0ns infineon memories 340/315 i think that it is the limit because if i increase teh core and memory will appears some artifacts in some benchs

Possible to save your old bios with a floppy drive? Or can you only flash but not save like I'm thinking.

9700np o/c 360/306 now with 9700pro BIOS update I'm running a 9700pro o/c at 370/325. is there anyway I can crack this any further? voltage mods maybe? are there different types of mods for a videocard?

hey super nintendo, i think your main post needs to be edited, you are pointing out to the mufus PAL bios, i say its better if you point to ntsc because most of the ppl is american around, or why not, post em both

also, fic video cards are NOT atiflash friendly, check out my r9700np post... i had a crap flash and it was a pain and lots of panic... you should use flashrom with gigabyte and fic cards

I don't know anything about voltmoding the ati video cards because I never tryed it. I would search this forum for it or go to www.rage3d.com and search that forum under tweaking to see if you can find some info on that.

Hi,
I've got a problem with my Hercules 9500PRO. Flashed warp11 BIOS (worked) and got a problem with ACPI in winXP. When I go into suspend mode (S3 - Suspend To RAM in BIOS) it doesn't come back. Screen reains black or (rarely) PC starts the POST. I reflashed original BIOS but a problem remained. Reinstallation of WinXP didn't make any better. Is it possible that i damaged the card in some way? There weren't any problems during flashing.
I'm sorry for my English.

your english is fine, I have had some computer that suspends does not work and it won't come back at all and you have to restart the computer for you to see anything on the monitor. Does everything else work when you have the bios flashed? If so I would just have you monitor suspend and not the computer because that might be your problem.

Yes everything else works fine both on warp11 BIOS and original. I wonder how flashing and reflashing to original BIOS could have broken the suspend feature of the card. Using S1-Power On Standby isn't a solution for me. I prefer hibernation (it works).
Is it possible that atiflash changes something else than the BIOS? I can't find any other explanation for this problem.

Last edited:
I noticed also since the flashing of my ati 9550 pRO TO 9700pro, it locks up alot in 3d games. I tried to flash it back as the written instructions but it fails. Now I have a useless $199.00 ATI card. OH well, a lesson learned. I'll stick to my Nvidia TI4400. I have it OC and it does wonderful..

Well your little forum has been most beneficial to me. I have been looking for a decent way to replace my GF3Ti500 for some time and I found it in the 9500 n/p.

Specs:
XP 1700+ running at 2000+ (133x12.5)
2x 512 HyperX PC2700 DDR
A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
Sapphire 128mb 9500 n/p from Newegg (ordered 6/10/03)

Stock performance in 3dmark 2001 - 9199
softmod and overclock to 351/620 - 13252 :D

3Dmark03 score - 5081

I couldn't be happier. This is probably the best o/c I have ever gotten and my first attempt at o/cing a video card. Thanks for all the help!

Now all I need is someone to take this 1700+ off my hands so I can get a 2600+ like what I REALLY wanted ;) Watch those scores then!!

iluvatar said:
Hi,
I've got a problem with my Hercules 9500PRO. Flashed warp11 BIOS (worked) and got a problem with ACPI in winXP. When I go into suspend mode (S3 - Suspend To RAM in BIOS) it doesn't come back. Screen reains black or (rarely) PC starts the POST. I reflashed original BIOS but a problem remained. Reinstallation of WinXP didn't make any better. Is it possible that i damaged the card in some way? There weren't any problems during flashing.
I'm sorry for my English.

On some of the newer motherboards, you have to press the power button (don't hold it for more than 5 seconds because that will turn it off) to get out of suspend mode. Also, I don't know about your motherboard, but it makes my power LED blink to indicate that its in suspend mode.

Last edited:
I am not sure if I did mine correctly or not, so here is my best attempt at my issue.

I flashed the bios using the atiflash util and the ATi Radeon 9500 128Mb non-Pro BIOS from Warp11's site which downloads as 95np128.zip. I think I followed the instructions correctly when I installed it and it seemed to flash fine.

The problem is that it is still detected as a 9500 in Windows. I thought once I did this and reinstalled the ATI drivers, it would show up as a 9700? Maybe I am just mistaken and misread this somewhere, but that is what I thought. If anyone can help me clear this up I would be much abliged.

However I can overclock it and it is stable right now at 330/305 but I started getting some really bad checkerboarding other artifacting at mem of 310 so I just decided to drop the core down a little bit while I was at it.

The good thing is that I didn't get problems until after a couple of hours of gaming so it isn't that bad, but I still had to reboot the system to get it to clear up.

Overall I am very pleased with what I have so far.

One last question. My friend bought a retail ATI 9500Pro. Is there anything he can do to get more performance out of his card other than overclocking it?

Posidon42 said:
I am not sure if I did mine correctly or not, so here is my best attempt at my issue.

I flashed the bios using the atiflash util and the ATi Radeon 9500 128Mb non-Pro BIOS from Warp11's site which downloads as 95np128.zip. I think I followed the instructions correctly when I installed it and it seemed to flash fine.

The problem is that it is still detected as a 9500 in Windows. I thought once I did this and reinstalled the ATI drivers, it would show up as a 9700? Maybe I am just mistaken and misread this somewhere, but that is what I thought. If anyone can help me clear this up I would be much abliged.

However I can overclock it and it is stable right now at 330/305 but I started getting some really bad checkerboarding other artifacting at mem of 310 so I just decided to drop the core down a little bit while I was at it.

The good thing is that I didn't get problems until after a couple of hours of gaming so it isn't that bad, but I still had to reboot the system to get it to clear up.

Overall I am very pleased with what I have so far.

One last question. My friend bought a retail ATI 9500Pro. Is there anything he can do to get more performance out of his card other than overclocking it?

If you can overclock it, don't worry about what it calls itself...haha. But really, I don't know what the problem is. But I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

As for the 9500pro, I have the same card and I suggest tweaking it in the Control Panel. I noticed a huge difference (in games) after configuring it from the default settings in the CP. It won't give you a remarkably higher 3dmark score, but it helps with your games.

Last edited:
oh yeah, and thanks for the advice. I knew that the 9500 pro isn't as overclockable as the n/p is but I will tell him that there is still something he can do. If it wasn't for the fact that he just bought this card about a month ago, I was going to tell him to get the $199 9700 pro from Mwave that people were talking about. But since that is what he paid for his 9500, I decided not to tell him ;)

Haha, yeah I just bought my 9500pro and about 2 weeks later I saw that nice price. I should have bought that...well worth the extra money.

Thats a very nice score you got there. If you had a higher FSB on your cpu it might get higher!

Good Luck.

Well I am thinking about waiting another couple months or so and buying a Barton core cpu. Maybe when the 3000+ series gets to about $150 I might upgrade. It was nice to see that with my cpu and my video card, there are only 6 people in the world that are faster than me in 3Dmark2003. I couldn't be much happier!!

A Barton core will definately add a nice boost to your system, but in 3dmark2003 it won't make a HUGE difference. 3dmark2003 really focuses on the GPU, but I don't see why won't get a higher score with a Barton. Just don't expect huge difference...from 3dmark2003. 3dmark2001se might be a difference story.

Back