• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking your 9500np, 9500pro and 9700 np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey everyone,

I am brand new here - a friend told me about this thread on getting my 9500NP up'ed to a 9700NP or perhaps even a PRO.

I have the "L" shaped RAM, but does that guarentee that it is the 9700 PCB?

I tried the soft-mod to open up the 8 pipelines on the card (running stock BIOS, it's a saphire-built card) and I got the checkerboard effect - Does this mean it won't work with a 9700 flash?

I can do 325core/310mem no problem, so as per one of the posts in this thread, it should do the flash - Any comments?

As well, could someone give me a rundown on how to make this self-flashing autoexec.bat file, and will it work if the screen doesn't display?

As well, I am in Canada, what BIOS should I flash this card to? I will post soon with the make of the RAM on this particular card.

Thanks for the help! :cool:

hello my friends...
i use are 9500 pro ( comodo ) this card use Infineon memory 3.6ns...

so ware i can get the new bios..... ( Catalyst)
to overclock my g.card..

catalyst is the drivers for the card and you can get those at www.ati.com but for the bios look at the first page on the sticky and at the bottom is had some links and get the one for the infineon memory of the 9700p and see how that works on your pro.

Some non pros have very bad ram on them and can't handle the 9700 pro speeds. I have read some people can't get there ram passed 290.

how can i get are 95oopro crack bios

i have 1 card 9500pro... use are infienion 3.0ns ..
but i still dont find ... the crack bios to my grapich card..
please help me...

and step to crack my g.cark bios...

Opps, I asked the wrong question. Ah well. It's a PC 9700 np with inf. memory so I'll give the one above a try and let you know. I've just let it go for a month to make sure everythings stable first you see.

good luck. Some people like me can't get the ram on the inf. memory up high but the cores overclocks very good. The ram isn't that great from others that is out.

Argh...okay I am a bit confused so looking for a little bit of clarification...here is my situation.

I have a Sapphire 9500 Non Pro card with the L shaped memory and it is Infineon 3.3 ram. I followed the instructions to flash the bios that are listed here at overclockers.com forums in the ATI section of the video cards (stickied to the top).

Now, the instructions say to download the bios for your card from warp11's site, so I downloaded the one listed for 9500 np with 128mb ram. The bios file is 95np128.bin. I then was able to flash this in with no problems and rebooted into windows xp and it is seen as a 9500 still. So, here is where I need the clarification

Since my card is a 9500 np and I am trying to get it to the 9700 pro speeds, should I be using the 95np128.bin BIOS file or should I be flashing it with the 9700 pro bios? That part is a bit confusing.

Second, should it show up in windows as a 9500 or a 9700 or does it even matter? This also seems to be a bit unclear.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Aktunka

Hey,

Since you used the 9500np bios it will still show in windows that its a 9500np but you can overclock it if you want to the 9700 pro speeds if you want. If you haven't tryed overclocking I would and see how the bios is working. If you want you can use the 9700 pro bios for the Infineon ram which has a list of different ones at the bottom of the 1st post on the sticky.

Hi,

I have read this thread multiple times and I think I am ready to flash my card. I have a Sapphire 9700np with Infinion ram. I have the Omega 3.6 drivers installed (using the hacked driver) I am able to o/c my card to 391/310 with stock cooling. If I was to flash the bios do you think I would be able to get anymore out of the core and mem?

Also, My floppy drive is out of comission right now and I read about making a boot disk out of a cd-r. The only problem is finding the boot files, I have many bootdisks and I have downloaded the 98se bootdisk from bootdisk.com, but it requires a floppy drive to extract them. Does anyone have these files in a zip that I could download?

/edit

I installed the official 3.6 cats and I wasn't able to overclock for poop. Suppose the hacked driver lets you overclock the NP cards reasonably without having to flash the bios?

Last edited:
you should be able to make a boot disk with the cd-r with the program you use to rip cd with. I know nero has that option to put the boot files onto the cd. You can try flashing to the bios on your card but I can't really say how much farther you will go with the flash. Ininion ram doesn't overclock as well as others do.

You can always give the bios flash a try and see if it works but thats always up to you.

Back