• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockix 3.4 status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is going to be Overclockix 3.4, no codename for this one.

Since you asked....

613 MB / 696 MB uploaded

Last edited:
Probably not. But it is at least 95% functional- I hope. If you plan on using it for a HDD-instal, then its just fine. Running from CD is the trickier part because everything has to be perfect.

I was planning on upgrading KDE to the new 3.2 beta version, but that may not happen for a few more weeks. And there may be small things yet to fix, and drivers and documentation to add.

Last edited:
I've got 3Mbit down /384 Kbit up. Getting about 18-22Kb/sec upload. I used to have 1.5mbit/768kbit cable... :mad:

Still some little problems in KDE's menu and kicker cons. Should get it fixed pretty quick.

chasingapple said:
Better then mine, I have 3MB down 256k up...COX used to offer bandwidth balancing, change your bandwidth how you want it!

I've got the same with Comcast, heh. They JUST upgraded it (as in yesterday) from 2Mbit to 3Mbit

Anyways, I'll probably download the current version, since im gonna be installing it on my HDD

Have u finished uploading the newest update of overclockix 3.4 because i cant seem 2 find it on your site?

It's there, on the left side in the Downloads box. I'll get the kmenu and kicker icons fixed and a replacement iso uploaded overnight.

Hi, I ran some benchmarks with the distributed folding client with kernel 2.4.22, 2.6.1, 2.6.2, and 2.6.3 from gentoo-sorces and gentoo-dev-sources and I don't know if anyone is familar with distributed folding but ram speed do help performace although 2.6.1 seen some performace gains over 2.4.22 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 was quite a bit faster somewhere like 25% faster. Thats not going to effect the folding tmes for fah but still nice to have.

Downloading it right now :)

Have you ever thought about submitting this to www.linuxiso.com to get it out there a bit more? I would think it would be distro a lot of hardware enthusiests would want to get their hands on, since its got more support for the "popular" enthusiest equipment and the stuff enthusiests want

yeah AGAIN EVNAS is write(ty bro for the GFX card openGL battle HEHEHE) yeah man get it out in the crowd i got some linux using friends and they all tried eidlon.now they are gettin 3.4 my friend also made his own version from gentee(somtin like that ima nub) and he likes urs better! dling it now bro,ill send it too my dad so he can test it

can someone post the link to the download because for some reason its not there when i load the page even after ive cleard the cache and stuff

Back