• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockix 3.4 status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About to test the fixed version I worked on last night. If all goes well, it will be uploaded and the download link will change in about 10 hours.

Glad to hear so many people like it. I did submit it as a project to sourceforge, but they never responded. Googleing for "overclockix" I did see it made it on distrowatch.

Edit: Still not all the way fixed. Couple of sunbmenus missing entries. I think the kmenu must be the hardest thing to deal with whem remastering Knoppix. :mad:

Last edited:
I'll be trying out your next major release =^_^=

Oh, and I'm trying to learn more HTML/CSS so I can take up your offer to admin and maintain the website for you, if you're still interested.

Malakai said:
I'll be trying out your next major release =^_^=

Oh, and I'm trying to learn more HTML/CSS so I can take up your offer to admin and maintain the website for you, if you're still interested.

using something like php-nuke or postnuke would be easy to maintain just need to get yourself a nice theme. I did something similar at amdusers.com the mozilla sidebar block is pretty cool to have too

Does anyone have another FTP or HTTP link, I can't use bittorrent behind my schools firewall. All the schools are scared of the RHAA and won't listen to reason...lol Anyways, if someone could host up a link I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
-Ir0nman

Wow, all that bandwidth gone in just a couple of days. And the iso itself still has a few problems....

Md5sum for the KNOPPIX cloop (the file that makes up 99% of the CD) is on the top level of the CD after burning the image.

Tried to get the kicker/kmenu fixed today and will test it out in a bit. I may upload this to some mirrors since my main host is exhausted.

It does if you boot the 2.4 kernel. There's no nforce2 support if you boot the 2.6 kernel.

The issue with drivers is- I generally add half a dozen drivers besides nforce2, but I have not done that yet.

Looks like we're reconfiguring to Bittorrent in order to distribute the iso's. And I'm moving to a new apartment this week.

Forgive the Overclockix dev team for these delays- we hope to have things straightened out by Monday.

chasingapple said:
Chill my man, moving is a pain in the neck, so take care of that first and then get your butt working on OC'ix ;)

yea get your stuff done first, we can wait:)

Just different releases of the same general idea.

Eidolon has more focus on network security testing than the others. it's older and uses more stable packages. Does not have firebird or mplayer or ogle or ripperX or gFTP or bittorrent or MLdonkey. Less tweaking to the desktops. Has some additional drivers.

Technomancer evolved out of Eidolon. Has newer applications and more desktop-oriented applications and mroe tweaking to the look of the desktops. Has some more advanced features and tweaking to the scripts that make it work. Technomancer has the most additional drivers.

Both of ^ are based on Knoppix 3.2 and lack some newer features found in Knoppix 3.3 or 3.4.

Overclockix 3.4 is based off an unofficial Knoppix version released in a tech magazine very recently. It has some slick new features (2.6 kernel, gnome 2.4, klik, and captive NTFS). It's design scheme is similar to technomancer- ie heavy desktop tweaking, and media-oriented applications. Has a few additional drivers.

It also has the new features that first appeared in knoppix 3.3- splash screen, fromhd and toram cheatcodes for running off of ramdisk entirely or off of hard drive instead of from CD, and driverdisk cheatcode for loading non-included drivers from a floppy.

3.4 is the newest and also the least developed, hence its beta status and minor bugs

Last edited:
So has the final for this been finished? I've been thinking of picking it up, but may hold off for a bit till the final is done

Ir0nman said:
Does anyone have another FTP or HTTP link, I can't use bittorrent behind my schools firewall. All the schools are scared of the RHAA and won't listen to reason...lol Anyways, if someone could host up a link I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
-Ir0nman

Still need the FTP? I'm hosting for those that ask, PM if you (or anyone else) want a link.

Still the original beta. I haven't been around my remastering box in several weeks. I might go up there tonight though to do some work.

Back