• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC gamers, pepare to be OWNED!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
theMonster said:
Except when the Xbox360 does 1080i :rolleyes:

Tv's with that resolution are still very scarce. Also..how many people think they are watching high-definition TV when they aren't? (i stole that phrase from somewhere, cant remember, sry)

Keep in mind...if you're a console gamer, you're going to need two things.

1) A console to play your games
2) A computer to do office tasks, internet, audio, rip movies, etc. etc.

What does it take to get a PC that's already fast at all of the office/multimedia tasks running games? A graphics card. So ultimately we should be comparing the price and performance of an entire console and a single graphics solution, no?

johan851 said:
What does it take to get a PC that's already fast at all of the office/multimedia tasks running games? A graphics card. So ultimately we should be comparing the price and performance of an entire console and a single graphics solution, no?

If that was all too it, sony would be bankrupt by now, hehe.

That's most of it, provided you know how to build your own system.

Most people who buy consoles would have difficulty assembling their own system or adding a nicer GPU to their current system. Instead, these people have to buy it all from an OEM like Dell, and thus pay much higher prices. For these people, a console is a much more reasonable option than purchasing from Dell.

johan851 said:
That's most of it, provided you know how to build your own system.

Most people who buy consoles would have difficulty assembling their own system or adding a nicer GPU to their current system. Instead, these people have to buy it all from an OEM like Dell, and thus pay much higher prices. For these people, a console is a much more reasonable option than purchasing from Dell.

Well a console is usually a good deal smaller then a PC. It's also alot easier when troubleshooting because there is none. Consoles have been accepted as 'furniture' a long time ago while PC's are only at the begin of gaining that reputation.

Also - how many video cards have HD adapters and ability so the argument of consoles and their resolutions is mut.

:D

i like my PC - i also liked my PS2 but just sold it today :D

All ATI cards since the 9xxx generation come with support for 1080i, just for the 9xxx generation you have to buy an adapter where as I think the Xxxx generation comes with the adapeter. (read that on a thread over in the vid card section about running your computer on your TV), I know botht he Radeon Xxxx and GF 6xxx have support for HD resolutions

The fact does remain however its easier to fit a console next to your dvd player than it is a computer next to your dvd player, unless you buy one of the new PCs specifically made for that purpose, most of the cases we use dont fit well with most home theatre furnature.

it is also a little hard to type on your computer at your desk and also have it go do the Tv as well, since most people keep there TV and computer a little farther apart than is conducive to standard cable length

Yea, the new console systems spell the end of PC gaming as a whole! Cause, you know, PC's will never catch up with consoles... not in a million years! :p

(Before you start flinging rotten produce at me... just take a note that the above was a joke. ;))

Sjaak said:
Tv's with that resolution are still very scarce. Also..how many people think they are watching high-definition TV when they aren't? (i stole that phrase from somewhere, cant remember, sry)

Yeah and so are high school kids that drive Hondas that sound like lawnmowers (scarce)... wait a second, no they aren't and neither are HDTVs, lol.

Anyway, I hate to be so blunt, but people just need to face the fact that consoles are great gaming machines too. In there own ways (not in the same ways) they are every bit as good as PCs. No ****ing contest (aka urinating contest) is going to change that. Get over it, enjoy your PCs and let this thread die already.

i love the xbox it's great and all but i still think pc win overall

besides, u can build and customize a pc to reflect yourself, an xbox is just an xbox

plus u can do so much more on pc

OC Noob said:
Yeah and so are high school kids that drive Hondas that sound like lawnmowers (scarce)... wait a second, no they aren't and neither are HDTVs, lol.

Anyway, I hate to be so blunt, but people just need to face the fact that consoles are great gaming machines too. In there own ways (not in the same ways) they are every bit as good as PCs. No ****ing contest (aka urinating contest) is going to change that. Get over it, enjoy your PCs and let this thread die already.

ill have u knoe out of my entire family we own one tv a lil bigger than my 15inch monitor which at times dosent even work all to well ... i knoe not everyone is antimedia like me but jus to let youll knoe :D (when my friends come over there all like THATS your tv .. wheres your other tv?)

koss20100 said:
ill have u knoe out of my entire family we own one tv a lil bigger than my 15inch monitor which at times dosent even work all to well ... i knoe not everyone is antimedia like me but jus to let youll knoe :D (when my friends come over there all like THATS your tv .. wheres your other tv?)

I'm going to contradict myself and bump this thing 1 last time to say:

lol

thats cool, most people (including myself) are too wimpy to live without television:D

YellowDart said:
Noob... I like your idea! Lets have a peepee contest to see which gaming device is better!!! lol :p

Well I think with the XBOX's new non-flammable power cord, it may win. No matter what liquid it is soaked in.

Back