• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Gaming and YOUR Health, tell us your symptoms.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My wrists start hurting after a while - most specifically, my left one because it is on the keyboard. I just bought a new keyboard which feels much more comfortable typing AND gaming so I think this will solve my problem. I've also started trying to force myself to take short breaks now and then. It's hard to do.

My health woes from gaming are as follows: lack of as much physical exercise, excess consumption of caffeine in carbonated beverages, sleep depravation, disconnection from reality, neglect of family, friends, spouse and pets. It'd probably be better if I cut myself off but it makes me happy and is cheaper than tobacco, heroine, cocaine etc....

im pretty sure our brains ,response times, motor skills, and ability to stay calm in nuts *** situations has been enhanced through playing a ridiculous amount of computer games, i keep thinking im going to snap one day and go shoot the **** out of something though,

austinbmxnig said:
im pretty sure our brains ,response times, motor skills, and ability to stay calm in nuts *** situations has been enhanced through playing a ridiculous amount of computer games, i keep thinking im going to snap one day and go shoot the **** out of something though,

hahah, ladies and gentlemen we have the poster boy for violent videogames :D

(Btw, I"m joking) :)

I play CS:S roughly 3hours nightly. Sometimes I get cramps in my hands even worst my fingers lock up later.

Someone siad that they smoke I heavier, I can agree on that too. Although I don't in front of the computer, I usually step outside.

The funny thing is I don't play much over the weekend so that leaves me time and energy to do things around the house. I mean dude I just cut a 25 foot tree and dumped four truck loads of branches and logs. I'm aching still.

whitebloodcell said:
I can understand the want for more coffee, but why does computer use make you want to smoke more :shrug:

It goes hand and hand with the increased caffeine intake. Not alot of people realize caffeine just feeds the nicotine cravings. btw, i don't smoke anywhere near my computer, or even indoors for that matter.. too much opportunity for equipment malfunction as a direct result of tar build up o_O

~ Gos

Goshawk said:
It goes hand and hand with the increased caffeine intake. Not alot of people realize caffeine just feeds the nicotine cravings. btw, i don't smoke anywhere near my computer, or even indoors for that matter.. too much opportunity for equipment malfunction as a direct result of tar build up o_O

~ Gos

LOL I wish I can say that about my lungs. Malfunction is coming.

Hrmm...

Well, can't say I got problems with my eyes as I've been video gaming for near on 2 decades and some change now. I got 20/12 in my right eye and 20/15 in my left when I had them checked. Of course nothing is static.

I will say gaming has helped with manual dexterity in my hands. That and the long hours of art work.

I will say I have major Flat Butt "syndrome." Aka Noassatall. Not sure if that is from gaming but growing up I always just sat on the floor when gaming.

I will say my posteur isn't the best but I've set on fixing that. It may be partly related to gaming but also because I have wierd joints. Every joint I have just about it loose or double jointed.

I've gained more weight in the last few years, but that could be from just age, drinking (most likely culprit), or lack of excercise (second most likely culprit). I'm not one for eating while gaming, or drinking caffine while gaming. I don't smoke either. If I'm really interested in a game, I can focus like nothing else and I don't need caffine to stay away at all. Seriously, gaming HAS helped my concentration and focus. However, since gaming can make the time pass by very quickly for me, I've had a few sleepless nights and hated work or school the next morning.

Now... computers in general... I got many battle wounds. Modding cases.. the scars are annoying but small for now.

I also like to read ebooks and THAT makes my eyes tired after awhile. Gaming doesn't but reading 300 pages of an ebook in a few hours can. I know it's not gaming related, but similar use of hardware related.

The More time I spend gaming also somehow equates to me going outside and doing otherstuff more often and Just sleep less.

I dont gain weight because of gaming because when Gaming I forget to eat.

Icreased surrounding awareness. Constantly looking at windows and other places thinking of sniper holes.

good response time

Constantly wish real life had a save feature.

I BUNNY HOP EVERYWHERE ... J/k ;)

I'm only worried about my eyes because I don't sit still for long periods.

Just have to remember to focus on things out the window once and a while to excercise them.

If you play an outdoor sport like Golf ESPECIALLY, that can save your eyes.

I'm a little worried about my eyes, they aren't exactly 20/20. :-/ I try to not stare at my monitor for extended periods of time.

Sharp pain in my left elbow from useing the wasd keys too much.(I told my wife it was from taking out the trashcan)
Back ache but truthfully it no longer requires me to actually do anything to get a backache, just getting out of bed in the morning pretty much does it. lol

Black bags under my eyes, crippling back pains for sitting in stupid positions for 12 hours a day, no work being done, lazyness, a sickening lack in physical fitness, agression towards under 18's and americans and stess from trying to get bf to play on my Ti.

Started with glasses, then more glasses, and now huge glasses... nah just kidding they ain't so bad (-2 whatever unit they use to calculate the vision), random fixed stares, managed to learn how to live with 6 hours of sleep a day (ain't that bad... for now i guess :shrug: ). But hey i keep averagely good shape, either working during summer or snowboarding during winter. Not too bad symptoms i believe. Yet...

Back