• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier + Geforce 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badger

I've been running my new Elsa 920 with my 72W pelt /waterblock for a week now, I just got around to taking a pic.
No problems at all. The core is running at 250MHz which is a little disapointing but it would only do around 220with the standard cooler so maybe it's just not a great core?
I did a voltage mod on my last card (GF2pro) which gained another 20MHz or so but I have not plucked up the courage to start soldering resistors on my new GF3 just yet (give me a week or so).
So what do you think?

Nice! What's the default core speed then, 200 or something?
(haven't really paid much attention to the whole GF3 thingy lol)

Not too sure what the core temp is, I put a thermister on the back of the card but the readings are not accurate because of the heat generated through the pcb from the ram and other components, for what it's worth I got readings of 22C max on the back of the card.
I wish the Elsa had thermal monitoring like the Asus.
The same pelt on my PIII700@1050 used to keep the temp down to about 5C but I can't be sure as to how the heat output of the GF3 compares to a PIII@1050, I would assume it's less but who knows?

Hey how do you voltage mod a geforce. If you have any links to this I would love them. I didnt know you could up the voltage on a graphics card.

BlakeN (Jun 10, 2001 11:21 a.m.):
Hey how do you voltage mod a geforce. If you have any links to this I would love them. I didnt know you could up the voltage on a graphics card.

Here's the link: http://www.xbitlabs.com/video/geforce2-overclocking.html
It involves the soldering of resistors to shunt the voltage regulator on the card. I found i had to experiment with different resistors to get my card artifact free, the resistor values quoted in the article gave me problems in 2D with my old Prophet GTS pro.

Back