• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1100T in an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ram should be ok up to but not exceeding 1.65v without active cooling.

The HT/NB multis start at 10x200. Probably drop it to 9x?

I might be completely wrong but i have read that the RAM I am using likes to be close to 2.2 when being overclocked. I don't have active cooling but I do have the MEMPIPE cooling..

I might be completely wrong but i have read that the RAM I am using likes to be close to 2.2 when being overclocked. I don't have active cooling but I do have the MEMPIPE cooling..

2.2v? You need to supply a link to where you read this kind of stuff so at least get a verification.....

Cas 6 450mhz 2.2v? I'd think you wouldn't need that much. Your getting closer to stability, lets not go frying hardware just yet.

I'd never use 2.2v without at least liquid cooling. I've been up to 2.0v with Mushkin Redlines and A8-3850 APU, but that processor IMC wanted/needed that voltage to get there. WIth similar sticks and i7 or FX I can run 1200mhz (effective) much much lower voltage.

little at a time there Kegs. Up one click with any voltages on any hardware.

Code:
Manufacturer > OCZ Tech
Manufacturer Part # > OCZ2P8002G
Memory Type > DDR2 SDRAM
Capacity > 2GB
Pins > 240 Pin
Bus Type > PC-6400
Error Correction > Non-ECC
Cycle Time > 5ns
Cas > CL6
Data Transfer Rate > 800Mhz
[color=red]Voltage > 1.8[/color]

Ram should be ok up to but not exceeding 1.65v without active cooling.

The HT/NB multis start at 10x200. Probably drop it to 9x?

He's got DDR2, not DDR3.

It's at 2.2V according to his last report on this.

2.2v? You need to supply a link to where you read this kind of stuff so at least get a verification.....

Cas 6 450mhz 2.2v? I'd think you wouldn't need that much. Your getting closer to stability, lets not go frying hardware just yet.

I'd never use 2.2v without at least liquid cooling. I've been up to 2.0v with Mushkin Redlines and A8-3850 APU, but that processor IMC wanted/needed that voltage to get there. WIth similar sticks and i7 or FX I can run 1200mhz (effective) much much lower voltage.

little at a time there Kegs. Up one click with any voltages on any hardware.
You are thinking in DDR3 terms, he's on DDR2 where 2.2V was commonplace.

Although I personally don't go up to 2.2V+ unless it is necessary. I usually keep my DDR2 at 1.9-2.0V, so long as I'm not going for some really high overclock on the memory.

2.0V should be just fine.

Shrimp, DDR2 used more voltage than DDR3 does. 1.8 was standard but some of the enthusiast DDR2 called for 2.0 stock and could handle 2.2 without any problem when overclocking it.

Doesn't matter, somewhere along the line something bad happened... Computer will only post with stock settings. I know it's not the cpu, might be a ram failure. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I'll be ba when I can buy a new motherboard and ram.

Shrimp, DDR2 used more voltage than DDR3 does. 1.8 was standard but some of the enthusiast DDR2 called for 2.0 stock and could handle 2.2 without any problem when overclocking it.

My Geil 1066 says 2.2-2.4v right on the sticker.

Doesn't matter, somewhere along the line something bad happened... Computer will only post with stock settings. I know it's not the cpu, might be a ram failure. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I'll be ba when I can buy a new motherboard and ram.

Are you sure you didn't forget to adjust one or more settings after a re-set.

My apologies on the lack of ddr details... :(

I should have noticed that....

Bad shrimp bad.

Ok, I've got it back up and running... Still cannot get past 20 mins of prime. I believe it is because I lowered my RAM voltage, but I'm not sure. What causes a hard shutdown(no BSOD) while running prime? Temps are in the low 40c range core voltage is around 1.58 under full load.

Attachments

• current prime load.jpg
    current prime load.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 37
  • NO Load.jpg
    NO Load.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Your ram is rated for 1.8v but it should handle 1.9v without a problem and that might be what you need as you are running it at 106 mhz over it's factory rating of 800 mhz. I would also look at relaxing the timings if you are going to run the RAM at that frequency.

Boy, your vcore is high at 1.55. I would hesitate to run it that way 24/7. Have you tried some other adjustments like bumping the CPU/NB voltage up to about 1.225?

Also, there is a wide discrepancy between you HT Link frequency and your CPU/NB frequency. The Thubans like to keep those two close together. Can you crank the HT Link up to around 1800-2000 mhz. That may help.

Your ram is rated for 1.8v but it should handle 1.9v without a problem and that might be what you need as you are running it at 106 mhz over it's factory rating of 800 mhz. I would also look at relaxing the timings if you are going to run the RAM at that frequency.

Boy, your vcore is high at 1.55. I would hesitate to run it that way 24/7. Have you tried some other adjustments like bumping the CPU/NB voltage up to about 1.225?

Also, there is a wide discrepancy between you HT Link frequency and your CPU/NB frequency. The Thubans like to keep those two close together. Can you crank the HT Link up to around 1800-2000 mhz. That may help.

My RAM can handle up to 2.2v, I have read up on that. I don't want to push it that high though.

I know vcore is high, but it only gets that high under full load.

I have posted my available BIOS setting in post #32&33.. How do adjust the HT link?

I might be wrong but, if I am doing my math correctly there is NO discrepancy at all. It is a ratio of 1:2... So if you take my HT Link and double it that is exactly where my NB frequency is running.

@ trents.... So far the ONLY thing you have been right about in this thread is that DDR2 requires more voltage than DDR3.. I may be new to this forum but I understand a lot more than you might think. I've read up on the ratios and voltage. This is not my first build.

You're running an Intel, trying to act like you know my board and chip.

It's not an issue to me because right now my votage at 1.55-1.58 my temps don't go over 42c. I'm sitting at 23-24 just over idle. Unlike the i7 these AMD chips have no issue @ higher voltage. I'm running liquid cooling with stock paste.

Yes indeed

Haven't been here in a few years but I'm glad to see the advice re: CPU speed and memory timings are right on. Leaving the memory either at a slower MHZ or looser timings takes the memory out of the equation so when OC fails you pretty well know it's a CPU issue:thup:

Phenom II Quad core @ 3.3, Zalman copper thing!, Intel SSD, 8 gigs Corsair( pretty but poor timings) Gigabye MB Sock AM3, Antec Case with big 200mm fan on top (forgot model)

@ trents.... So far the ONLY thing you have been right about in this thread is that DDR2 requires more voltage than DDR3.. I may be new to this forum but I understand a lot more than you might think. I've read up on the ratios and voltage. This is not my first build.

You're running an Intel, trying to act like you know my board and chip.

Kegs you may want to tone it down a bit, Trent's is one of the more respected AMD overclockers on this forum and has only switched over to Intel in the last few months due to AMD basically quitting the enthusiast chip building game. He is only trying to help you as we all are, calling him out when he is trying to help is just bad forum etiquette.

You may want to read up more on the Ht link MHz it's not multiplied by 2. You are in fact running it significantly slower then it should be. They do like to be around 1800-2000 having it so far away from the nb freq could be causing issues.

You may want to read up more on the Ht link MHz it's not multiplied by 2. You are in fact running it significantly slower then it should be. They do like to be around 1800-2000 having it so far away from the nb freq could be causing issues.

OK, so how do I change this?? I have asked him twice and gotten no response. If you review this thread he really hasn't tried to help. He was correct about RAM voltage, I already knew that.

Also,
Highest? Do you mean tightest? It's not "high" and "low" it's "tight" and "relaxed". "Highest" could be misconstrued to mean bigger timing numbers which would equate to more relaxed timing. The bigger the timing numbers the longer are the pauses in the data flow.
How is this help? I was simply letting people know the highest value that my BIOS allows me the loosen my RAM to and I get this condescending comment.

The HT multi is under the chipset section on that board. IIRC

Kegs I have never seen Trent's be condescending ever. He is one of the most patient helping hands here. I don't feel the comment above was to be condescending.

Back to the issue at hand, I went back and looked at the bios you posted and do not see any setting for you to adjust the Ht link. Maybe if Johan pops back on he can be more helpful as he does have the M3M board.

Back