• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of my water cooled BAD A$$..LOL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thef0x82 said:
Bad linky

Which one, my pics or the case painting "how-to" guide?
I tried them both, and they worked for me.
If clicking on the link doesn't work, try just typing it into your browser addy bar.
Let me know.

originally posted by loner
One suggestion, though...for the window trim, try using some silver car door trim, pretty cheap at auto parts stores, it will make it look even better :). Still, very nice work, especially on the paintjob including the 5.25 bays.

Thanks for the compliments. That is a good idea about the silver trim. I may just have to go get some to see what it looks like. I bet it would look pretty damn good with the silver handle and all the interior silver paint.:D

cloudkat said:

I got the paint from an auto parts store.
It is called "Plasti-kote car color", it says on the can "exact match touch-up spray for cars, trucks and vans", and is stamped "Official Nascar paint". The color is "GM 7216".
The clear coat I got from a friend who works at an auto body shop, so I don't know the name of it.
:( sorry :(

can you point me to a link with the paint? if u can find it.
thanks...

right now the only chameleon type of paint i can find are the dupli-color mirages.

You obviously took a lot of time doing that. How long did it take and what kind of experience do you have that helped you?

Wow, that looks so sweet.
I have that exact same case, but put in a smaller window to allow for an intake fan to the expansion slots.

Sn0rKy said:

can you point me to a link with the paint? if u can find it.
thanks...

right now the only chameleon type of paint i can find are the dupli-color mirages.

The paint is not a true "chameleon" or "mirage" paint. It is just an awsomely good metal flake paint. That is why it almost seems to shift colors. The metal flakes are not only slightly silver like normal, it also has some that are a slightly diffirent shade of blue/green. Thus the apperance of "color changing".
The link to their web-site is here:
http://www.plastikote.com/plastikote/index.jsp
Hope it helps.:)

Christoph said:
You obviously took a lot of time doing that. How long did it take and what kind of experience do you have that helped you?

The case mods themselves took just under two hours to complete. But the planning of everything and figuring out how to mod the pump power cord was another couple of hours.
The painting took 2 1/2 days. That includes the painting of the CD ROM/CD RW/Antec faces, inside of the case as well as painting the removable hard drive bays and the fan holders.
The laping of the WB's took about 4 hours, but I had a friend doing one as I did the other.:D
The rest of it was just normal times to complete.

As for experience, I am an artist. Well, not a true ARTIST, I guess. I don't think I am that good. Let's just say that I have been drawing and painting most of my life. As for the mods, before I moved to Tennessee, I had a small "Handy Man" business in Florida. So working w/ tools and designing/moding things comes from that. Now that I opened a "Custom Built PC" business here in Tennessee, it was only natural for me to apply my little skills in other areas to my PC building.
:p

Xevuhtess7 said:
how were you able to fit your pump in the harddrive bay? and where did your harddrive go?

As LittlePiggy said, my HDD is in the 5.25" Antec HDD cooler.
The Pump fit in the bays perfectly. But I did have to run the cord out through the front of the case (behind the lower front panel) then send it back in through a hole I cut beside & behind the 3 1/2" bay cage, then up to, and across the top to the modded plug in I made for it. The plug in I took off of an old Power Supply, and just soldered the pump power cord to it after cutting the end of it off.
I also used some of that double sided sticky, thin weather stripping up under the pump befor bolting it in place to help keep the vibration noise down.

Back