• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please, i want to know what you think of this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

i got a palit geforce3 ti200 that will work stable only underclocked to 90/200, defaults 175/400.
i noticed that after stressing the card a bit using the lowered freqs it would work better with the higher ones.

temps r fine and cooling is pretty much satisfactory.

do u think its possible i got some kind of a non-tested sample, or something like this, that its possible the card will still work using the default frequencies if i keep stressing it using the lowered ones?
im not sure if this can happen but if it can be true i know palit is not the most reliable firm in the market... does anyone know if video cards or electronic components like them need some kind of a slow stressing test before entering the market?
thanks.

It sounds like you may be burning it in, and hence getting a little better performance. However, it should work at or above the default specs straight out of the box. I'd look into returning it for another one if you have that option.

nihili

nihili, how is that? does it exist in fact a burn in process like that i was wondering about?
im gonna try this till monday only.

oTTO said:
nihili, how is that? does it exist in fact a burn in process like that i was wondering about?
im gonna try this till monday only.

He is talking about a very small improvement at best. You are talking going from 90 to what 175? Ain't gonna happen. Either something is seriously setup wrong or the card is not healthy. It should have clocked at least to factory specs out of the box. Taking it back would be the thing to do, if you can.

actually i know that. its just that this is the only cosiderable progress i got for over a month with the card... i was hoping now it could be that easy.
im going to test the card tomorrow in my cousins machine then i must be returning it on monday.
i just want to know, do u think silver, and nihili, that the problem can be caused by anything else? like a problem with the power line or whatever, i dont know, do u think anything could be causing the card not to get working with the higher default freqs?
thanks again.

Nihili I think hit it on the head the first time. I would just take it back. It may or may not work in your friends but I surely would not do it even though the risk is very small to his computer. I would just take it back. Now, should the new one do it then the problem is in your system but as Nihili (and I) suggest, get another.:)

the specs r:

mainboard asus tusl2-c / chipset intel 815ep
pentium iii 800eb not overclocked
ram nec 256MB 3-3-3
palit g3 ti200
live! 5.1
nic realtek rtl8139c
seagate barracuda ataIV 7200rpm 40GB
cd-rom
400W psu 3.3V=20A
w2k pro

Thermal, do u think anything could cause the video card not to be able to handle the higher core and memory frequenices? other than heat..

Back