• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Positive or Negative Pressure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thef0x82

I've been reading a bunch of articles, and no one seems to be able to agree. There's the idea that positive air pressure won't allow as much dust to accumulate and will force out more hot air, but I've also read several articles saying that negative air pressure is good too. What about keeping the air flow equal, same amount of air in and same amount out?

This is my first case mod, and I really don't want to hose myself by doing something stupid.

first welcome to the forums

i am of the school of thought that a lil posotive case pressure 15-25% more in then out, is a good thing, it is what i do, but i have also read articles that say negetive case pressure is better because the intake fans don't have to work as hard, or is it the exhaust, or well, something like that

just expermient is the best advice i can give you, what works for me might not work for you, i suggest setting it up one way, check the temps, then try a diffrent way, try switching fans around, try side intake fans that blow on the cpu/ram and agp card, there are millions of diffrent ways to do it

you just have to find what works for you, use other's suggestions as a base point from which to build your own cooling system

what are you system's specs and what fans do you have and what fans are you planning to get

System: P3 450, 196 megs SDRAM*
GeForce 2 Ti

*mobo and cpu are moot 'cause I've got a P4 1.9ghz that should be delivered tomorrow.

Something should be in the signature now.

I don't really have anything as far as fans go yet. I'm just designing, then I'll buy. I don't know that noise is that big of a deal 'cause I can always turn up the volume ^_^

Back