• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly a dead xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

explorer

I have an xp rig, in my sig, and it no longer boots, I have replaced everything except for the processor but I still do not get a boot. I unlocked the cpu but it worked after that and I was just wondering if you get anywhere in the boot sequence without a cpu.

Thanks,
Explorer

explorer said:
I have an xp rig, in my sig, and it no longer boots, I have replaced everything except for the processor but I still do not get a boot. I unlocked the cpu but it worked after that and I was just wondering if you get anywhere in the boot sequence without a cpu.

Thanks,
Explorer

What happened to make it stop working? Act of God? :p

Well, I was reseating my ram and I kinda sorta didn't quite push both sides of the dimm all the way in, and then i pressed the magic power button and started to smell the make you want to soil your pants aroma of burning computer parts. Ever since then it has not worked. I get a C1 error code on 8kha+ whenever I boot which means bad ram, but with new board and new ram still won't boot.

Explorer

pull your processor out and look at it. check for any burn marks! i've smoked 3 chips all because of HUMAN ERROR . I hope your's is ok

Back