• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

powerbook g4 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shhhpark

my friend has a powerbook g4 it seems like the newest model. im not sure what exactly is the problem it seems like the video card, because when i boot up the computer the screen comes up all messed up and you cant really see anything. there are vertical lines going all the way across the screen and the picture is extremely broken up. i hooked up an external monitor to it and it comes up the same on the monitor. any input? im a mac nub trying to help a friend out so yea...i can try and take a shot of it or something. dont kno how to upload it on the forum so if anyone knows how to i can take a picture and send it to you. thanks

wow, sounds like a problem with the graphics chip. if so, theres not much you can do since it is soldered onto the logic board...

try this: turn the machine off, turn it back on and right after you push the power button hold Command (apple) + Option + P + R until the computer makes the chime noise 2 more times, then see what happens...

same problem eh if it's the graphic board then nothing to do? lol sucks for my friend boo

Back