• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor PCS+ 7950 working good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M33Cat

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=67618&vpn=AX7950 3GBD5-2DHPP&manufacture=PowerColor&promoid=1209
It's a nice looking card, runs very cool and quiet too.

So at 1080p w/ v-sync in all games, can max out skyrim and BF3 again and keep 60fps w/o stupid motion blur

In Hitman absolution which looks beautiful all maxed I get ~45fps, that will probably go up with driver updates.

In Sleeping Dogs, I have high res-textures installed, it looks beautiful too. I was getting +30 with it all maxed so I turned MSAA from 8x to 4x, that got me ~35-45fps, so I turned both shadow settings and ambient occlusion to normal, and motion blur is off (who wants blurry graphics???). So now on the 1st extortion mission I had 50-60fps.

With the same fan profile from my 6950, set to 11% under 43C, and slopping up to 53% under 63C, it idles at 27-28C, and in all the above games it gets ~54-57C with a max of 59C. So it tops out at about the same temp as my 6950 did, but idles ~8C lower.

And I've never heard it yet, not once, whereas I could just start hearing my sapphire dual fan 6950 when it would max out @ 60C in BF3 w/ ~50% fan

Haven't OCed it yet, stock is 880/1250. Can't wait to get a 27" 1440p and crossfire in a few months time. I'll probably get a gigabyte windforce OC

only 48C in starcraft 2

I manually turned the fan up, it does get loud around 50%, oh well, but I still never heard it in games, I probably will when I crossfire, it added 5-10C to my 6950 CF temps

hey mate,
got the same card put into my new system last week. out of all the cards in stock at my favourite store this one had the nicest cooler! :santa:
haven't pushed it yet but i have 7970 speeds as a target haha

Yeah I'll try to OC it later today and just see what that does for hitman and sleeping dogs, it maxes everything else and gets 60fps

I don't think it likes OCing, I tried 1002MHz and it would freeze up at the same point every time in hitman when I would open an air duct, after a moment I could exit to win7 and get a DX message saying there was no VRAM at all, listed it as zero.

Then I tried 954MHz, that works, gets me 1-3 extra fps it seems. I'm not going to bother adding volts since I'll be crossfiring in 2 months.

Back