• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer... very weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matthew1001

I was sitting being sick. My parents are getting mad at me for turning the a/c on so I pulled out the old Honeywell fan. I plugged it into my surge protector and switched it on. The first thing I hear is the printer which is also plugged into the surge protector make the noise you hear when printers turn on of the thing going back and fourth. For fun I turn the fan off and wait a few minutes. I turn it back on and what do I hear? The printer. Very weird.

Now that is weird cuz I have a Honeywell heater that’s plugged in with my pc, scanner and printer, but it doesn’t do that.

I don't know, here let me try. I have swapped the fan plug with one of the others. I say one of the others because it might take one fourth of an hour to figure that much out. Here we go. Drum roll......

I turned it on for 15 seconds turned it off and the printer did its thing. But I noticed an additional thing. There where did kind of ringing bells on my computer. I am scared. I think my machine is haunted.

Back