• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems handling Peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do not use moloex connectors with pelt's, they cannot handle the current long before being burned. Use soldered terminals/connectors and a deidicated 12/24V PSU depending on the pelt you choose.

speed bump said:
I suspect your adapter is rated like everything and is 3a peak. You need an adapter that will sustain 3a continous(probably better off with something that will sustain 3.5+a continous).

3a is a fairly large transformer. (if I remember what I have somewhere around a small fist size. So at this point I would say find a cheap computer PSU or cheap 12v power supply that will power it. You need something thats is probably atleast 50w.

What are you planning on cooling with this pelt anyway?

Oh... I see.... Hey Pf.Farnsworth, think I really misunderstood your explaination, apologise for that:p. I think this explaination is starting to make some sense to my problem, thks speed bump~ You've guessed it too! My adaptor currently supplies voltages @ 3a max... Man, I didn't even know pelts have so much constrants dealing with power... :bang head

At first, I was planning to make a small cold air blower or you can say some kinda small air-conditioner as my house have no air-conditioner BEFORE I got myself a pelt(mi soo poor:cry:), lolz.

Wel... after I've got the pelt I think i can forget about the whole idea:-/ . Now planning for a simple beverage cooler which is most recommanded but I still think its very hard to achieve with my piece of pelt. My pelt can only reach to a level of condensation maximum (never really measure the temp) without any heat load. Its nowhere even near freezing point I doubt i can even make any proper beverage cooler with it:( .

If you are short on money you can try to use a chilled water fountain, they have them at wallmart for like $90 I think. All you need to do is hook up coolant lines and pump to the chilled rez. Someone here here did it and I think got close to 0C on the coolant.

Then there is the whole window ac chiller deal. It would be bigger and louder but it will get you colder.

Good luck :)

Thanks~ Wow, thats cool even to think about it:bday: . Well first I think I'll have to get rid(sell) of my current pelt first before I even planning on other things :p

Erm.... at this stage think I'll need to crack my head to come out the most efficient cooling solution with the use of this pelt and sell it away:) . Who knows~! I might even come out with a more efficeint cooling stage with the usage of pelts, lolz. Juz kiddin' :D

Back