• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with Abit kt7a-raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
300W is gonna be cutting it for that many devices, damn thats a lot. splunk the money for a 400W, you probably need it for everything anyways.

hmm, so the temps are ok, huh?... and ill just re-load windows.... i hope that works... Oh, can i just tie 2 power supplies on parallel i have a 250 AMD approved, my thinking is that that would be ...550W? that should handle it, I hope.

I am amazed at the number of replies this has gotten... i also hope that this will help anyone with kt7a-raid problems.
What i have discovered should be a pretty big help... only wish that i had had it before now :)

Thanks a lot
SharkyTM

Well, its running... well!! hit 1500 post, but no windows, so i left it at 1430, ran Prime 95 torture test for 48 hrs, no errors.............. hellz jeeah...

Shark

Hey, AZZ,

Got both my power supplies up and running... 558 watts should handle it :)

Wait till i put it all in my new full tower case :)
And WTF is up with the WZ bios, it seems to have killed my oc ing ability... wont even post at 1300 now

BOO
Shark

It's not necessary to reinstall Windoze when you change mobos. The best thing you can do....BEFORE......you install your new mobo is boot into safe mode and go into the device manager and under system devices remove them one by one until they are all gone. Be forewarned that one of the last things you need to remove is any system device that helps control your mouse or you will have to finish using key strokes. After you have removed all the system devices shut down and install your new mobo and boot and let Windoze install what drivers it wants and you finsh what it doesnt.
This will give you a fresh clean installation of mobo drivers without having any "ghosts" from a previous mobo.

all i have to say to all of you who gave me some info/help/motivation..... is thanks... and here

Wow, so increasing the power supply cleared up your probs Sharkey? Was that the final determination?

increasing the power supply helped, as did adding another fan on the mobo, helped keep the MOSFET's cool... just have to increase the voltage to 2.03 v but i think ill wait before i sodler on my new mobo :) ... mmm, more voltage. well, ill keep you all informed about the way it goes...

Shark

Shark i will tell you now

my t bird 950 blue core does the following
1.80 volts = max 1056mhz
1.85 volts = max 1090 mhz
2.1 volts = max 1242 mhz
2.35 volts = max is 1357mhz

so if you can cool it then add more voltage because these t bird love it

just remember guys that once a duron reaches the 1 ghz mark.....more voltage dont help most of the time but to gain 20 to 30 mhz .which is a wast of time and too much heat too worry with for all the hassel you do cooling and soldering BUT if you got a T Bird and you got some seaver cooling then do the mod because you will see your t biurd FLY

hope this helps and good luck

thanks azz.... i've figured out the problem with my NIC... a linksys 100tx 10/100 lan card... etherfast............... IT CANT USE AMD CHIPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F@ck... had to turn off irq steering in windows, which promptly ate my vid. drivers, leaving me in 16 colors and 640x480...........

oh well, all is working now....

Shark

now im fighting the bios.... yh is making it so that i can only do 1300 if im lucky... not real stable... im going to switch back to ww... keep ya posted :O)

i change it a lot... i've used 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.4.... no difference that i can tell, why do you ask?

Shark

DUDE... got everything nailed down, ran prime for 3+days, and havent lost internet... here is the deal... got to 1466 for a few seconds in windows... but had to go to 1430... been stable for days yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see in your sig that you have a SBLive in your system. This card has caused drive probs for quite a few people seems it can do something screwy with the pci bus try pulling the Live and uninstalling the drivers for it. If nothing else seems to work this is just one of those strange possibilities that is hard to figure. Some of the sysmptoms of Live probs are random reboots and lockups when writing cd's or copying large files from cd or over a lan.

Ken,
I have tested the drive system for those errors... copied 5GB of files off the LAN lastnight, and have burned about 20 cd's............... No problems

Shark

Back