• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program to shut down computer if cpu temp too high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT

Registered
Is there any program that will shut you computer down if your cpu temperature gets to a certain point? If so were can I get it.

JT (Apr 04, 2001 05:20 p.m.):
Is there any program that will shut you computer down if your cpu temperature gets to a certain point? If so were can I get it.

I think Motherboard Monitor version 5.02 or 5.05 will do that perfectly :)

Yes, but the min time to shutdown is 10 seconds...more than enought time for a tbird to fry if something goes wrong...I want it to shutdown immeidatley!!! Reach 60C, click...powerdown....

So, set it to shut down at 55C. That's higher than you should run it anyway. Start the process at 55C and maybe it'll be done by 60C. It's the best I could come up with ;D

Hoot

Ghettoweasel (Apr 04, 2001 06:44 p.m.):
Yes, but the min time to shutdown is 10 seconds...more than enought time for a tbird to fry if something goes wrong...I want it to shutdown immeidatley!!! Reach 60C, click...powerdown....

you can adjust the time.....up but not down.....I agree with the above post....set it for 55 or lower.....you don't want it to go that high anyway!

I think you can set the BIOS to shut the computer down at a certain temperature, but perhaps that feature is not included with all motherboards.

the same place that you download mbm5.0 from ahs plenty of direct shut down programs that you can download also...there are plenty of links to the site from overclockers.com due to it being another overclockers.com link

Back