• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program to throw text into .csv file.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmfdm515

I have ZERO programming experience...but I wanted to know how difficult it would be to make an exe that would go through a text file you have and grab certain parts out of it and create a new .csv file. There would be these 4 fields that would constantly appear in the txt file (among a lot of other junk):

cn:
mail:
givenName:
sn:

and they would appear over and over with different entries, like:

cn: Billy
mail: [email protected]
givenName: Bill
sn: Jones

So what I'm trying to do is have the exe grab every set of these 4 entries it finds in the text file and throw it in the csv under 4 columns.

Anyone interested in helping? I wouldn't mind throwing a few $ your way (is that allowed?)...it would be that helpful to me at work.

Thanks...

Not a problem, that's actually pretty easy. I did something similar for my job where I needed to get a copy of a long list of phone numbers and names into a CSV file for backup purposes.

Pm me and I'll send you my email address so you can send me the file and I'll get started.

Back