• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Three Mile Island - Revision D2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
flat LL V-series switches replace stock MM switches:

BEFORE:
sw_1.jpg

AFTER:
sw_2.jpg

Damn man, even 3 years working in a grocery store, jeez. I'm a bit younger than you, with a steady job I've had for over a year paying VERY well for my age, and I'm lucky to afford a nice upgrade or rebuild every year-year and a half.

after hearing from my friend of the troubles with 7950GX2's overheating and whatnot and just the fact that I don't want to drop so much cash on a set of cards when x2800XTX's are going to be coming out within a short while, I'm just gonna go with the original plan of x1900XTX Crossfire :thup:

thats where i got the idea for doing the case in a black crackle powdercoat in the first place :)

alright, updates:

ordered a pair of PS 120.3 shrouds and neoprene gaskets for them from danger den - they finally got them back in stock and I jumped at the chance to get them

I also changed my res plans because I found a US retailer (voyeurmods) that carried the vertical Alphacool reservoir that I wanted (solid copper version), and ordered that as well

and to feed you the pics that you all must have... if you've never seen 100ft of tubing before, here's 100ft of Masterkleer 1/2" ID, 13/16" OD (5/32" Wall) tubing (on top of my case for size comparison of just how much tubing it is :beer: )

as far as I'm concerned, its the best tubing that I've ever used, and I've used 3 different types of tygon, clearflex 60, primoflex, you name it, I've tried it at one point, but this is definitely the best!

it has a bend radius better than that of anything else I've tried, it DOESN'T STAIN like other tubing, and ITS CHEAP!!! (w00tsauce for 100ft or larger quantity discount @ mcmaster-carr :))

tubing.jpg

Last edited:
that res is actually aluminium polished copper not solid copper. not sure if you noticed that...

k.

no, its solid copper, otherwise it wouldnt cost so much more

and they just copied the description wrong AFAIK

here's the description directly from alphacool's site

The Cape Corp AGB2 reservoir serves for easy filling and ventilating a water cooling system. It can be mounted inside or outside the case and provides a water reservoir, by means of which the pump can absorb absolutely free of bubbles. The water cooling system can be filled after the installation via the filling opening at the upper side (oil-inspection glass cover). Through the 1/4" screw thread it is populated with different other connections and thus it can be variably combined with diverse hose diameters. The AGB3 has a M4-drill, in order to fit the bottom to the case.
Technical data:
Weight: 1250g
Material: copper polished (start-up protection), cover oil-inspection glass
Dimensions (without pump): (LxBxH) 50 x 116 mm
Connections: 2x G1/4"
The reservoir is delivered without connections! Please order your wished connections under Hoses&Connections!

Last edited:
Damn it Sneaky! You are making me all jealous!
Even if I get a job working a man ***** I can't make enough money to buy the cool stuff you got there! Not to mention no Mountain mods cases here...

*rubs his chin....* How to evade taxes....humm.....

got the alphacool res in today, and indeed it is solid copper - the damn thing weighs atleast 5 pounds!!!

agb_1.jpg

agb_2.jpg

agb_3.jpg

agb_4.jpg

agb_5.jpg

Last edited:
got the PS 120.3 shrouds in today along with a pair of neoprene gaskets

I got my Delta WFB1212ME 120x38mm fans installed on them which I previously tapped for 10-32 screw threads

so I drilled out the holes on the shrouds to 3/16" and attached the fans with 3/4" 10-32 button head machine screws with a neoprene cushioning washer on them :thup:

shrouds_1.jpg

shrouds_2.jpg

I will be ordering the radiator tonight (PA 120.3), and possibly the pumps for the CPU loop (DDC Rev.2's w/ Alphacool acrylic top) so that I can atleast have watercooling running on the CPU for now

no thoes are the WFB1212ME 120x38mm fans - I use the WFB1212M 120x25mm fans for the case though

BWR said:
Are you planning to wear ear muffs during PC use?
ear muffs? my room usually isn't that cold that I need to keep my ears warm... LOL

but if you mean ear plugs/whatever, I don't need to - the machine really isn't that loud, especially when I'm running most of the fans at 7v to 9v on a sunbeam fan controller... plus I'm used to the sound... I lived with two 80mm tornado fans at a full 12v for almost 3 months, that basically eliminates any sort of virginity that your ears have to fan noise

Captain Slug said:
My wallet hates you...

Excellent fan choices btw.
heh... my wallet hates me too, but I know its going somewhere good ;)

and I absolutely LOVE the Delta WFB series - they're cheap as all hell, they're deltas so the quality is amazing as always, the bearings are so so so smooth, and the CFM to DBA ratio that they have is awesome, not to mention that they don't have any motor noise when being undervolted :attn: (its too bad that delta discontinued the WFB series a while ago :()

Back