• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proof that GHz dont matter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
prankstar008 said:
haha that reminds me of that myg0t movie.

LEAVE! LEAVE NOW BEFORE THE ADMIN BANS YOU!!! <- Wow, I love that movie :clap: . I've actaully seen someone say that in a CS game, and everyone cracked up :D .

For those that haven't seen it, thats a quote from the movie. I wasnt saying anything bad towards prankstar008 ;) .

MHz does matter, but the power of the computer depends on several other factors rather than just MHz or Clock speeds. If you have a computer with 32,768 Processors it's going to outperform something with a single processor, case closed.

Wow, ok, yeah, Mhz DOES matter or make a difference, but it is far from the sole determining factor of CPU performance; and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that...

LoneWolf121188 said:
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many computers there are on Earth? ;)

Oh, and do the few in space count too? :D

Well, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you count the comp in your digital watch or microwave, I guess there are 100 billion in operation. Counting only computers in the usual sense, I would say 1 billion seems right.

if mhz doesnt matter why does a 3ghz intel chip do a WU faster then a 2ghz CPU?

HA HA!! stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Mr.Guvernment said:
if mhz doesnt matter why does a 3ghz intel chip do a WU faster then a 2ghz CPU?

HA HA!! stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
gvblake22 said:
Wow, ok, yeah, Mhz DOES matter or make a difference, but it is far from the sole determining factor of CPU performance; and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that...

Leave before the admin bans you :( so you don't get pwned by mods when you post the link, eh? Yeah now at school a few of us ermm use "Leave, leave before the admin bans you!!!!" a little too much in conversation! lol

Ermmm surely being a member of OCForums assumes that you know that GHz doesn't matter....

Well obviously they do but like I mean GHz on their own mean nothing. As in my friend gets an A64 3500 which is 2.2ghz stock and everyones like oooh I've got a 3ghz P4, it pwns your rig..... etc. As in we have words for those kind of people and we don't like to use them on OCForums.

Back