• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU annoying zapping sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eazy1

My PSU makes this annoying zapping sound:
The sound is present (although quieter) even when the PC is turned off..
PSU is Seasonic Prime SSR-850PD, before I had a Corsair RM750i which had the same sound!! So i replaced it but surprise, same thing now ... Could it be a component which causes this? I have also tried a different wall outlet, same thing ..
Thank you

Hello Eazy1

Two different PSU's and platforms from two different manufacturers with same issue means that maybe you have an issue with your main. I may suggest that you don't use any power strip or use same line as some appliances in your house. Also, if you can, kindly gove a try to your PSU in any other computer outside your house to see if you still have the same issue with both PSU's.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

I listened to the video, it sure sounds like one of the fans in the case is hitting something. Like the seasonic rep said it's doubtful it's the Psu, due to it being replaced.

Back