• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate ma revised amd 64 rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just recorded my tornado. Keep in mind, my case is not all that quiet. I have a few 24db fans in it, which are quiet, and a 32db 120mm fan in the front(which is mostly what you hear) and 3x10,000 rpm hard drives which are the high pitched whine you hear.

http://home.earthlink.net/~eckyx3/nado.wav

Until the tornado comes on...

Last edited:
yea,tornados are SOO LOUD! mine is nearly unbearable, and its the 92mm version. its loud but i get by. yup thats the whine of a tornado. ohh man, the motor on those get hot too! but for the air they blow, its worth it for me.

I mean cheap wireless. I'd love to have an mx1000, but keyboards cost in batterys and always seem to run dead when you are in the middle of something(at least from personal experience).

get either the Gskill LC or LE kit. Some of the users have had problems with the LA kits. And LEs are almost always performing better than the LA models and are cheaper . Good luck finding some though . LC perform almost the same as LE but take some looser timings at higher MHZ.
Also I would honestly wait for Venice. The speed binning with the CBBID and LBBID chips from newegg has been a major pain in the butt lately . Also with LE or LC kits u save some money as well.
For examply for my LE it takes 2.5-4-3-7 to get to 300 mhz while my friend's LCs need 2.5-4-4-8 to get there but they both DO get to 300 mhz or DDR600.

You don't need that 120mm fan, if you look at the pics, the case comes with one. Also, for $300 I'd rather get 4x512mb of the mushkin ram and the really big monitor I showed you. More ram > faster ram, and besides, you always have dividers.

yeah, that G-Skill stuff is good RAM, but for $300 you can get either more or better/different RAM. That price is way inflated because of demand. If you are willing to spend that much, I would go with some OCZ VX stuff or that Mushkin Blue line that Yuriman keeps linking to because you can give it all the voltage it needs with that DFI board. Then take the money you saved on RAM and put it into a nicer monitor :)

well the one yuri showed me isn't dual channel
i thought dual channel helped overclcoking alot
am i wrong?

ccbl91 said:
well the one yuri showed me isn't dual channel
i thought dual channel helped overclcoking alot
am i wrong?
Dual channel actually doesn't help overclocking (sometimes it actually hurts it) but the advantage to having dual channel is that it brings added memory bandwidth which translates to better performance. Although that Mushkin Blue that Yuriman linked to is only a single 512MB stick, you just buy two of them and BAM, you have dual channel ;)

am i on crack or is this true?, you keep selecting an oem processor even thought the normal ones come with a free fan which you can do with whatever you want and a heatsink and a 3 year warranty and you get like 3-4 dollars off (depends on a 3000 or a 3200 on newegg) why spend another 3 dollars when you get someone that has a 3 year warranty on it for cheaper?, this just blows me away

Back