• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready to kill someone at dell..where do i go from here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
well, heres the story..
i had an order i placed on 7/11 for xps m1330 with the config in my sig, minus the fingerprint reader and it just had a 9 cell battery.
my price was $1633 shipped after tax.
i also had a note w/CS for a $100 refund after i got the good, and a 4% refund via DPA for a total price of $1468.

now, i had a $100 off coupon from dell university and $150 DPA coupon..not to mention they now offered a free lappy bag with new orders.

so i figured well i should be able to call dell up, cancel my order and replace with the discounts..i called up a XPS EPP rep, by the name of Joseph and he told me he could get these discounst applied and possibly throw in an extra 6 cell battery for all the troubles, i just needed to cancel my order and get back to him..ok, NP i can give up my ETA date in exchange for saving more $$ + getting free bag + free battery. WOOT

so i call up CS, get it canceled, call him back up..stay on hold for a nice while and then he gets back to me saying that the override center wouldnt apply my $150 DPA credit because its only valid on home purchases (BS..i know, but whatever..i could probably get it credit later) - he does say the $100 was applied and he'd toss in an extra battery. total is now $1550 shipped after tax.

I get the confirmation email..and in the email i have one 4 cell battery, no extra battery, no 8400 video, and ground shipping ( i was supposed to have overnight). ..i email my rep and he says sorry bro, ill take care of it and will give you a call in a few hours.

few hours roll around, i call HIM..he says he'll take care of it and he can either put me on hold or call me back..i say well im on my cell, eating minutes..just call me back. 3 hours later i call him and he says he's busy and someone else will get back to me. ANOTHER 4 hours later, around 8pm, his senior associate calls me back, tells me i need to hold and im holding for this guy on my cell phone for literally 45 minutes and then the duche bag says the best price he can do is $1733 shipped...im like your kidding, my order was $100 less, with a better ship date..why did i just waste my whole day, with probably 3-4 hours total on the phone with dell, the frustration and the hassel, to pay $100 more and to get a extra 6 cell battery, and not get $250 off my order + a possibly a free battery like the rep told me he'd do..
the guy just tells me why would i do that, thats stupid..now i'll have a later ship date! I told him the CS rep promised me these discounts and thus i canceled the order, he told me i probabily misunderedstood the CSR and the coupons clearly arent applicable to my order i tell him i want to talk to his supervisor, he tells me he IS the supervisor..i say okay fine, ill think about..hang up.

so here i am now, after going through all this crap and originally being promised i could get these discounts, i think i deserve them..

Who can i talk to or email to just get this taken care of.
At this point its not even so much that i want a crazy price, dell promised me the discounts, made me waste my day on this crap and in the end im spending $100 MORE...

heh

/rant

so, suggestions?

Call him and ask to speak with the next guy up (I forget the term). Milk it though, they love being friendly to customers. I worked at dell and their main focus was "Keep em happy, always"

There's ALWAYS someone higher up you can talk to. I had to go up 3 levels when I had to exchange my original 2407 within the original 30 days, and didn't want to get a refurb monitor as the exchange. Yes, it will take you a few hours, so just do it when you're home from a landline.

Back