• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reccomendations on cases/PSU's.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rynth

Registered
So I'm building a new system, but I've screwed up and not spent enough time on it. Now I'm in a pinch for time, and I've done only a bit of research. I've really got to order tonight and get everything shipped out tomorrow, so I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the OC Forums.

I intend to WC this system, since my others make way, way too much noise combined. This means I'll be needing a large case, and I'm eyeballing the Tagan Black Pearl, but the more choices I've got, the better. Any suggestions there would be appreciated. Airflow isn't as important on this one, because ideally most of the big heat generating components are going to be in the water loop. Looks are nice, but I'm more concerned with functionality.

My big concern is the PSU. I'm looking for something that can support an OC'd Q6600 and eventually two 8800 GTX's, as my upgrade path is going to involve just slapping another one in a bit down the road. I've seen some good words about a few Corsair PSUs, but what do you guys think I'd be best off with?

If you're on a budget the Corsair HX520 will get the job done. However, if you can shell out I think getting the 620 wouldn't be a bad idea.

Check out the new P180 or P182. My P180 came with P182 features (2 holes on the back for tubes). These cases are big and roomy and have excellent sound dampening. There are separate compartments for the PSU, HDDs, motherboard, and 5.25" drives, so it keeps the heat well dispersed. The only thing I have to say is if you decide to get this case, make sure your PSU has LONG cables, getting them to reach from the bottom all the way to the top of the motherboard is tough for some PSUs.

Back