• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Red Hat Linux 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JudgeDredd

I'm an aide for our school's A+ Computer Tech class, and have known the teacher since last year. Last week, he was out of town and got to learn a little bit of Linux, and says that now we're going to be dual booting 2000 (Windows) and Red Hat on our computers, once we get them built.

I was just wondering if it would be worth it to dual boot it on a new computer I should be building soon. I don't know a lot about Linux, but I know there are different versions of it. So is Red Hat the best?

He picked up a Red Hat Linux 7 for Dummies book (which also comes with Red Hat on CD), but I was wondering if anyone knows of easy basic-to-intermediate guide on the net or something of that sort.

Thanks,
-JD

Linux

There is info and forums all over the net about Linux, just search for it. Redhat's easy to set up for a newb and powerful. You can get the latest version from www.linuxiso.org.

I just dual booted Redhat and Win2k a few days ago. There are a few different boot loaders- Lilo and Grub. Lilo is generally preferred. Or you can make a boot disk and just insert the floppy in order to boot Linux(what I do).

Back