• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reference GTX 560 Vmod Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reap3r

I've done plenty of GPU benching before, but I've never had the guts to take it to that next level and actually voltmod the cards. I'm getting back into benching after a couple years out of the game and this time I want to take it further and really aim for "hardware breaking" clocks.

I wanted to give it a go on a reference GTX 560 that I have laying around but I don't even know where to start, or even the correct terminology of what I need.

What I want to do is bypass the voltage limit for the card, whatever that involves.. From doing a little bit of research I see that usually involves soldering a couple pins together? Like I said, complete amateur here.

Here's a picture of the PCB for the card I have, could anyone point me in the right direction with this?

Thanks in advance!

(And that's me assuming that the modding happens to the back of the card rather than underneath the faceplate/heatsink...)

zt-50706-10m_image3_1.jpg

Can you post a similarly large/detailed picture of the front side of the card? Ideally the end with the PCIe power connectors, it looks like most or all of the power bits are on that end.

Can you post a similarly large/detailed picture of the front side of the card? Ideally the end with the PCIe power connectors, it looks like most or all of the power bits are on that end.

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the case.

I'll take a photo of the front side and post it up when I get home in around 4 hours. Can't find a suitable one online.

Thanks!

Back