• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Review of components before buying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zharbison

Registered
Hello again all, this is going to be my 2nd WC build, please review my WC components and comment :) opinions are welcome.

P.S. The mobo block stays, its a personal preference, i want the added bling factor. Same goes for the GPU backplates - last time i used a waterblock on a 6970 w/o the backplate i encountered some serious bending.

Mobo Waterblock:EK-FB ASUS Max4 Extreme
CPU water block: EK-Supreme HF
GPU water blocks: EK-FC6970 Acetyl + EN (Nickel) x3
GPU backplates: EK Radeon HD 6970 V2 VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate x3
Reservoirs: Liquid Fusion V Series Reservoir x 2
Radiators: XSPC RX360 rads x3
Pumps: Swiftech mp655 x2
Pump Top: EK-D5 X-TOP x2
Tubing: Primo Chill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD
Misc compression fittings etc.

As you can tell ill be running 2 loops - one for the GPUs and one for the mobo + CPU, 2 rads will be devoted to the GPUs while one on the CPU loop.

everything looks good, why did you choose mcp655 over mcp35x? also seems like overkill for the amount that you are cooling, not that its a bad thing.... but then again im trying to cool the same with a single loop with 1 rx360

eta: i've been out of the loop for a while, and am also planning to get that board. Does Wcing the chipset help much?

Last edited:
eta: i've been out of the loop for a while, and am also planning to get that board. Does Wcing the chipset help much?

nope. but if you got the money and the know how it sure makes for a killer looking rig.

IMO you should do 1 loop. That will dramatically lower the cost because of all the extra parts. Also switch the 655 to a 35X.

I have the exact same setup and with those rads you should see very nice temps!

everything looks good, why did you choose mcp655 over mcp35x? also seems like overkill for the amount that you are cooling, not that its a bad thing.... but then again im trying to cool the same with a single loop with 1 rx360

what are you cooling with 1 rx360? hopefully not a cpu and multiple gpus. I did my cpu and 2 570s on 1 360 rad and while it worked temps were meh. added a 240 and that did the trick.

I have a 655 and it handles my CPU, GPU's (3), and rads (3) no problem. mobo will lessen the flow a bit but it should be fine. The 35X should take the loop nicely with little to no problem not even at 100% power.

My temps at 80F (26C) ambient

CPU: range between all cores
30-32 Idle
50-54 Load

GPUs:

All Idle at 30 flat
All Load at 40-42

OP, don't mean to thread jack

what are you cooling with 1 rx360? hopefully not a cpu and multiple gpus. I did my cpu and 2 570s on 1 360 rad and while it worked temps were meh. added a 240 and that did the trick.

yes, i7 2700k and 2x 6970, i am really considering adding a single 140mm rad into the loop, but that is all that will fit inside of my case without modding.

okay so just to be clear - a single 35x will push through 3 GPUs a mobo block a CPU block and 2 rads?

that just seems like a lot for a single pump

It has the best head pressure of any pump currently. But yes it should handle it fine with good flow

Back