• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rigging my sk6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

ok, i've been looking into a way to mount a delta hha 60x60x10 on my sk6. i plan on trying this out on my msi k7d master. I know the fan only pushes like 21-22cfm, but I'm curious to see how it will do on a 1600.

let me know what you think of this

not bad.
personally, i don't care about the noise. the delta is nothing compared to this v9. i think the fan on the v9 has a higher whine. going to get either a vantec tornado or the delta to put on top this v9.:p

you can easily mount 80mm fans on sk-6's.

I have two in my dualie, and you just put the fans on 45degrees off of normal and put the clips up over the corners... works great.

um... i think skip delted all the old posts... and my comp has since been formatted... and i can't find my digital camera... but you can very easily fit an 80x25mm fan on that heatsink.

i used to have that delta 60mm ehe(50cfm) in the background on that sk6, and i know i've had enough of that ;)

the concern i have about mounting the 80mm sideways is the clips not holding the fan on tight enough, did you do anything to secure it?

i just tried the 80mm fit, and it is sort of tight.

but it still worries me that it might vibrate lose or something.

i'll end up doing it though, there's no way that 21cfm is going to be enough to keep it cool

Here is a guide for installing 80mm fans onto the thermalright sk-6. It is located under the Heatsink Reviews and Tips section of Overclockers.com Look for the article dated 4/12/02 named Juan's Sk-6 Mod

Back