• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rtx 40x0 talk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
almost sounds like see what good deals pop up on ebay for a 3080/3070Ti/3070

the worst part for me... is that 3k series will provide me with negligible benifit for the money... my NVLinked 2070 Supers perform roughly the same as a single 3070ti, so an upgrade to a single card must be to the 4k series,, which also means a new PSU. no biggie... and new cablemod cables for everything, too... looks like a good time to re-route my hidden sloppy cable management.... mwahahahahaha!

EDIT: dangit... i knew i shouldn't have mind-melded with the PC...

Edit 2: too bad that big ROG symbol isn't drgb... that would make a great vertical mount

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-235250_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-235250_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
almost sounds like see what good deals pop up on ebay for a 3080/3070Ti/3070
yea i had to let a 3070 ti go by on ebay for about $380 after i found out last minute it was a 3 slot card and wouldnt fit

theres deals out there you just have to be careful.

also i'm noticing that some of these cards new are going for well above MSRP again, whats up with that

I have my cash set aside for a 4090. It will be a huge leap in performance for me . As soon as I can Im grabbing one. I have the auto notify setup at Nvida and Asus. I prefer buying a Founders Edition from Nvidia directly. I watched JohnnyGuru from Corsair speak about how existing PSU adapters will be just fine for the 4090.

starting to wonder if i should head down to BB and get a 3060Ti FE at msrp.

i'm still eyeballing EVGA B-stock. would really like a killer deal for a good card on ebay though but listings like these make me weary. who leaves the plastic on like that, are people that daft any more?

Looking forward to a 4090 if it's really twice as fast as my 3080ti. Hopefully it's true that I can keep using my current 850w power supply with an adapter. I do feel bad for people that are getting priced out of pc gaming tbh but I'm not surprised that prices went up. I sell auto parts and over the last couple of years I've seen the prices to our customers reach insane levels. Our price from the manufacturer for some parts is about what we used to sell them for to the mechanics. Burritos are $12+ now when they used to be 6-8 bucks. This inflation sucks.

Brando, the 4090 requires a 1kW PSU from what I have seen.
That's what they said about the 3090 Ti too (both 450W cards)... my 850W and 12900K with it doesn't mind (nor did my 750W, however I wouldn't recommend it). If you're actually running this thing at 450W along with a CPU, I'd go no lower than 850W.

Ironically, I'm running the same exact PSU on that setup. My power meter, for MY uses, peaked at 528W from the wall (gaming load).

I'm just referring to what is recommended by the card manufacturers. :) If you can run it on something less than their recommendation, great. :thup: Here's the Zotac RTX 4090.
  • Recommended Power Supply
    1000W
  • Power Consumption
    450W

I'm just referring to what is recommended by the card manufacturers.
Oh I know.. and as we all know, they tend to recommend higher than needed historically. Just sharing a real use case.

.... that said, for someone who folds or something AND pounds on a CPU at the same time, I'd surely go 1KW.

As soon as I update the BIOS and get my driver situated, I'll know for sure. ;)

That's what they said about the 3090 Ti too (both 450W cards)... my 850W and 12900K with it doesn't mind (nor did my 750W, however I wouldn't recommend it). If you're actually running this thing at 450W along with a CPU, I'd go no lower than 850W.

Ironically, I'm running the same exact PSU on that setup. My power meter, for MY uses, peaked at 528W from the wall (gaming load).
Exactly what kind of power meter are you using? I would like one for myself. Give link please?

Nvidia site is saying 850 w for the 4090 but I'm guessing all the other companies are pushing it to 600 w. Hopefully I can get a founders edition and keep my old power supply 🤷‍♂️

Nvidia site is saying 850 w for the 4090 but I'm guessing all the other companies are pushing it to 600 w. Hopefully I can get a founders edition and keep my old power supply 🤷‍♂️
Worth noting, the PCIe 5.0 plug is good for 600W... the 4090 card is spec'd at 450W. Board partners will raise that some, but not 33% more.

MSI's Suprim X (their flagship) lists an 850W PSU. Even the Suprim Liquid X recs an 850W PSU. Asus' 4090 Strix OC wants 1KW as does Gigabyte high-end models. Low end models will vary, so it just depends the card.

Worth noting, the PCIe 5.0 plug is good for 600W... the 4090 card is spec'd at 450W. Board partners will raise that some, but not 33% more.

MSI's Suprim X (their flagship) lists an 850W PSU. Even the Suprim Liquid X recs an 850W PSU. Asus' 4090 Strix OC wants 1KW as does Gigabyte high-end models. Low end models will vary, so it just depends the card.
sounds like they are being a bit conservative on the ratings. i dont know the exact pins vs the molex ones i talked about in the other thread. i would still assume something like 125 to 150 watts per set of pins. of course its best to under rate the spec so it doesn't overheat the cables/connectors for power.

Back