• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandy's 5970 thread...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
God it's a joy to play crysis at max settings and super smooth frame rates, makes the game more enjoyable IMO... :D

Looking forward to get mine tomorrow :)
Btw, are you playing BC2 sandyduff, in case - hows the fps in ur resolution in that game?

Yeh i love BC2... game runs flawlessly at my resolution... another game thats absolutely stunning and runs great... add me as a friend on it, solder name is Serious Sandy :D

Eyy QCK, good to see you jumped on the bandwagon too. I'd love to see some pics of the beast with some watercooling in that delicious case of yours :clap:!!

I was just wondering how much you got yours for? My 4870x2 turned out to be a dud and now a need a new graphics, so I'm looking at this particular one.
Who know, I might join the 5970 xfx BE club....

Eyy QCK, good to see you jumped on the bandwagon too. I'd love to see some pics of the beast with some watercooling in that delicious case of yours :clap:!!

I was just wondering how much you got yours for? My 4870x2 turned out to be a dud and now a need a new graphics, so I'm looking at this particular one.
Who know, I might join the 5970 xfx BE club....

Sure, I'll see what I can do - been thinking of getting new rechargeable batteries for my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H5 for a while now - so this is a good time.

I bought mine for EUR 573 ~ $ 767

Hopefully I will get sms today, that the card is waiting for me at the local post office - the Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 I've ordered has also arrived, so I will be doing some hardware switching this afternoon :D

Sure, I'll see what I can do - been thinking of getting new rechargeable batteries for my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H5 for a while now - so this is a good time.

I bought mine for EUR 573 ~ $ 767

Hopefully I will get sms today, that the card is waiting for me at the local post office - the Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 I've ordered has also arrived, so I will be doing some hardware switching this afternoon :D

Yes pics are a must!! :thup:

ey Sandyduff, the trick you did with profiles etc. in CCC to force higher 2D clocks; will you need to enable that profile everytime you boot, or can you just activate it - and it'll stay that way?

You just have to activate it then it stays that way... i think... I'll double check that when i get home... :rolleyes:

sandyduff - what's your nick/email on Steam?
I tried to search for "Serious Sandy" but didn't find anything.

I need to ask you something regarding this; everytime my screen refreshes it kind of jumps or flicker - I've read a lot about this on diff. forums, but I thought the 2D trick would fix it :<

sandyduff - what's your nick/email on Steam?
I tried to search for "Serious Sandy" but didn't find anything.

I need to ask you something regarding this; everytime my screen refreshes it kind of jumps or flicker - I've read a lot about this on diff. forums, but I thought the 2D trick would fix it :<

You should be able to find me if you search for "serious sandy"... whats your steam addy and il try add you...

Edit: Steam have changed the way you search, type in serious_sandy and you will find me

Did some more testing before I went to bed yesterday, and the current drivers have problems with the following (both 10.3 and 10.4a):

System using:
- Windows 7 x64
- LCD with 120hz
- Overclocking 5970 in both 2D/3D

I reverted my 2233RZ to 60hz, and overclocking was doing fine. Did a profile with 550/550/850 | 900/1000/1200 - and no issues at all. No flickering in desktop or in games, no hard-locks etc. Think I will do some more testing after work today.

sandyduff - have you installed the "Crossfire profiles" from their website? Is this necessary, or will the crossfire work out of the box with games like BC2.

EDIT: Oh yea, I've ordered the koolance water block, tubes, and will have to find another radiator and pump - then this system is going all out on water.

Some pics as I have it atm - sorry for the quality, will take some better pictures next time - just wanted this beast ut and running :D:

Last edited:
Nope not installed any crossfire profiles... crossfire works straight out of the box... :D

have you installed the "Crossfire profiles" from their website

I think those profiles are just for the ability to update crossfire between driver releases, as 10.4 was just released, I don't think there would be anything that would not be in it.

Seems it not necessary with crossfire profiles then.
sandyduff - do you know of any other program than MSI Afterburner that monitor's engine activity?
I had to uninstall it, because it gave me complications with my card and setup.

Seems it not necessary with crossfire profiles then.
sandyduff - do you know of any other program than MSI Afterburner that monitor's engine activity?
I had to uninstall it, because it gave me complications with my card and setup.

What sort of issues are you having with it?

EVGA precision was another one that was mentioned... but i've never used it...

Back